Rumor: Claudio Suarez to LAG

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Feb 27, 2009.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article confirmed my worst fears. Suarez and Campos were present at the UCLA scrimmage and now we learn the real reason why he was there. He wants to sign with us and Jorge Campos is acting as the middle man in the negotiations. I dunno if he will benefit us since he was often injured all of last season. (Article is in Spansih by the way)

http://msn.foxsports.com/fsi/fse/story/futbol/usa/mls?contentId=9271376

2. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NOO!! This is not true!!! We were just kidding around at about Suarez being at the scrimmage!! I feel like Luke when Darth Vader breaks the news to him.

Seriously, if this is even remotely true, Bruce has seriously lost his mind. I already have no faith in his decisions, tactics and player moves, but if this is true, I'll want him commited to a mental facility. We're not safe in LA with people like Bruce running around free.

3. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    *vomits everywhere, takes another shot, vomits again, takes another shot*

4. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    All I have to say is:
    [​IMG]

5. howie1976

howie1976 Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Galaxy Nation
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK people, I read the article and I really don't think we have anything to worry about. This article was written with the same style and spirit as all those news articles coming out of Italy regarding Beckham. It's just a lot of fluff!

The article basically states the following:

Suarez attended the LAG v. UCLA srimmage yesterday along with J. Campos. He currently is out of a contract with ChivasUSA and is negotiating with them. He really wants to play 1 more year in LA and is looking into the possibllity of offering his services to the G's. It seems that Campos is the middle man between him and the Galaxy.

I really think this is a ploy to getting his negotiations going with ChivasUSA, but if the G's would offer him a deal he would take it in a heart beat. The entire article is based on a "source" with knowledge of the situation. I think Suarez is just getting some PR for himself.

6. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure do hope thats the case. The man was a great player in his day but he's beyond done at this point. He just looks old and tired now. If he wants to continue to be around the game in LA maybe he should take up coaching.

Can any of you imagine a center back pairing of Sanneh and Suarez?:eek:

7. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it'd look a lot like Xavier and Vanney last year............and boy did that turn out great!

8. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xavier + Vanney combined age last year: 68. Sanneh + Suarez combined age: 77!! Unbelievable. Almost 5 years older each, on average.

9. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to see here folks...

[​IMG]

10. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Anyway to get this thread removed? The mere notion of it is just so offensive and quite frankly untolerable.

11. lagalaxy900

lagalaxy900 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit . . .

12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I could see Suarez OR Sanneh to mentor the young defenders. But not both. And since Sanneh is already in camp and is showing good chemistry with Gonzalez, who is the future of LA's back line, AND because he has a good history with both Arena and Sarachan, you gotta figure it's gonne be Big Cat and not El Emperador.

Further, I can't see the Gals having that much cap room to be able to give Suarez what he wants. Even at a discounted rate, I have a hard time seeing him taking what LA would be able to offer him. I also think if he was gonna take a discounted rate he'd already be signed by the Baby Goats.

I gotta think that if LA really wanted him they'd have made a move for him by now. I also think if Chivas USA wanted him back it would already be done.

13. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That's the thing, though. Even if the article is blatantly false, what does that say about our confidence in Bruce Arena if we are worrying about it?

14. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had Suarez and Sanneh as the centerbacks, and then we signed two AYSO BU12 fullbacks, the average age of our backline would still be 25!! :D

15. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats not very funny is it.

16. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    It really is, actually, in a dark Soviet-era Russia gallows humor kind of way.
    Pravda: COMRADE ARENA BRINGS GLORIOUS FLOWER OF SOVIET REVOLUTIONARY YOUTH TO MOTHERLAND'S INVULNERABLE BACKLINE

17. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, thats sounds eerily familiar to the American news propaganda we hear every day. All will be OK. Just keep watching 30 Rock and forget about everything around you. Hope. Dream. Faith. The government will protect you.

18. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that you worry over stupid shit? :eek:

19. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    I feel bad for guy, he always quite and never said anything "stupid", but he's done. Maybe he could get a job as MLS consultant with Latin American Market or Public Image etc...something like that.

20. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so true.....

21. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Better Claudio Suarez than David Beckham.

22. howie1976

howie1976 Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Galaxy Nation
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I told you guys you had nothing to worry about!

Hey mbar, I'm trying to find every little bit of good news to give you hope in our seemingly hopeless organization.:eek::):D

Claudio Suarez has announced his retirement:

Veteran Chivas USA defender Claudio Suarez announced his retirement Saturday and chatted on ESPN Deportes Radio live in Lynwood. The Rancho Palos Verdes resident plans to stay in the area, playing soccer in a semi-professional league and starting youth soccer clinics with Ramón Ramirez and Robert Zuñiga.
    Chivas USA failed to mention the retirement of one of the greatest Mexican internationals ever in its weekly update today and it doesn't sound like the parting of the ways with the club was particularly amicable, according to local blogger Luis Bueno with a translation from La Opinion.
    Not a good reflection on the club, by the sound of it. Suarez is one of the classiest and most thoughtful players players out there (despite the fact his English and my Spanish are both inadequate) and I for one will miss his astute observations after games. Gracias, Claudio.

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/2009/03/monday-night-football-4.html

23. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because he's 40 and has announced his retirement doesn't mean the LAG aren't still interested in him.

24. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manny Motajo --- Claudio Suarez -- Hong Myung Bo -- Celestine Babayaro

Greatest Galaxy Backline Ever?

25. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Yes. But, where do you think the best position for Babayaro is in that line up?

I need to know, very important...