Claudio Lopez to KC?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by s0ccerstud86, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks. Any possibility to contact the Wizards to see if they can get you in ?

2. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He (or anyone else) will have more luck contacting Dustin on here than doing anything through those of us at the office.

3. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so who is Dustin and how do I contact him? I sent an email to the front office but haven't heard back yet.

4. awparcell

awparcell New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    KC via st. louis
    What level is this? d1 collegish or out of shape guys, or somewhere between i assume? i have been looking for a team actually.

5. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back on topic......

I wonder how the negotiations are going..... It sucks not knowing what's going on. :(

6. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely no news on this in the press here in Buenos Aires. It's hard to find anything at all related to KC's trip here.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sorry for the thread jack, but a combination. The Wizards supporters team will probably be mostly the latter. Since there's money on the line, I'm sure there will be some very good teams that think they can win it.

There's Men's A/B and Coed A/B. I've only gotten interest from guys to this point. I haven't announced yet because I'm trying to clarify all the details. About 24$ for 3 games and an opening day Cauldron ticket. Not a bad deal at all.

On the thread's note, we seriously need to get like a former INS Director on the Wizards staff so we can speed these visas up a bit.

8. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin and I were discussing this the other day. Basically, you can speed it up if you pay more. So, if you are gettinga guy on a free and only paying him say... $100,000 or even $200,000 then it might not be worth it to pay a chunk of money to expedite it. But if it's say over $1 Million, then it might be worth it. I guess that's how it works with NBA/NHL, the salary structure is so high that the expedite fee is such a small % that it's negligible.

9. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny...we don't see much in our press here either, and it's our team. :rolleyes::D If you hear anything at all, please let us know. Thanks for your help on that end!

10. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Media source confirmation that this is a completed deal now.

Closing this speculation thread.

New thread here.