Clasificatorias a la Copa Mundial de Fútbol de la FIFA Catar 2022 (R)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Oct 7, 2020.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This was a repeat of the game where Chile lost to Farias and Venezuela in the 2011 Copa America.

Maripan has become a guaranteed liability. It's unfortunate because he was showing a lot of promise at the club level.

Also, it was hard to believe that Chile was going with an ultra offensive lineup when we had 3 defenders for one lone striker who took his one opportunity from a defensive gift.

2. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bad result, but good looking team. Let us not forget this is only the second or third game that Lasarte has the team and it is already a better team then Rueda ever had. I can only point at bad luck for this not being a goleada. The only downsides are Vargas not being able to score and Maripan giving them yet another penalty.

3. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    That is a good point that was clouded by my judgment in the moment. These past two games have been the best we have looked in years. I still am in disbelief over the result last night. That was a 5 goal game. And yes it’s actually monumental that we get the Copa to get more practice with Lasarte’s system. Definitely a blessing we get more time with it before the qualifiers kick off again.

4. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Shooting practice lads!

HeartandSoul repped this.
  5. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think the team has a better chance of qualifying now with what I’ve seen with Lasarte. He reads the games well and does not experiment in important matches. I don’t mind him trying a few new players in Copa America, as this is not an objective for this team. I think the goleador we need will be one of these “new” players.

6. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Que Dios te oiga y el Diablo se haga el sordo.

7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I still think we can get a more positive result in La Paz. It will come down to preparation.