Clash of the Titans: A.Karimi v C.Ronaldo

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Ale Nesta, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    nah I know what you mean but that wasn't lucky Karimi is a pro dribbler and a frequent scorer he knew what he did! ;)

2. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    the dribling was lucky?? are u kidding me this guy can drible the best offense..
    and the goal was not lucky..he s done it many times :rolleyes:

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree....no luck there, just talent.

4. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    not to fear my friend

Figo today setup 3 goals for inter and hit the crossbar twice, while Quaresma is in the best form of his life :cool:

Also ronaldo always steps up his play after christmas( talvez quand il vai para portugal o pai natal deixar uma rapariga para brincar com il :D )

the past 2 seasons ronaldo has always been uniteds best player after the christmas break.

Quaresma is ********ing amazing, did you see him for porto this weekend?? :eek:

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yep im telling you what a way to get into form when the world cup starts.

ronaldo always has a good second half.

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

well the defenders got out of position b-cuz of karimis skillz :rolleyes:

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I hate to bust your bubble , but I know a lucky shot ending in goal when I see one, and this is one of them. :)

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why does everyone keep saying that? Looked fine to me.

10. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

well you cant blame him for being jealous :p

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He's a fine player, I'm not taking that away from him, maybe you can find another vid-clip and post it to redeem the damage done. :)

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    vilafria is layin the smackdown.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I don't know what that means , but if the intention of the vid-clip post was to impress me, it failed .

14. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

well we re not here to impress you :D

that would be waste of time lol

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sometimes great expectations fail....but you keep rolling with the punches.

and impressing is for the ladies you know that vila you da man when it comes to posting hot chiqantas.

16. Persian_Prince

Persian_Prince New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    Karimi and Ronaldo are fine players, and both play for two of the top teams in Europe. They are both very capable of turning the game for their respective teams. IMO, Ronaldo is a bit of a show off, whereas Karimi is just a pure dribbler. He doesn't do it for show, but to get past players. Ronaldo is quicker than Karimi, and Karimi has better control. Karimi's slower play allows him to control the ball better.

One thing I know about Karimi is that he rises to the occasion. He does much better against tougher teams, and certainly will rise during the WC. I don't know whether Ronaldo rises to the occasion or not, but I expect him to in Germany.

I'm sure the attention of the cameras will be on these two players. This game has the potential to be very entertaining, and I expect both Karimi and Ronaldo to show their stuff throughout the match. Good luck to both, and may the best man (Karimi) dazzle more. :)

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hes entertaining and he uses his moves to create chances.

great player who is flashy and gets aorund defenders but pure dribbler you mean a ronaldinho type of player.nope

both are upcoming players who want to showcase there talent but look for ronaldo to be more mature this time around....he would want to show the team and portugal he is a team player and i only hope he can just score goals.

we have quaresma to dribble. :D

18. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    im impressed by iran i think they are a good team that people are really afraid of but wont admit it.

i support portugal and think there time is now so to speak.

but this group is farfetched and nobody considers this a great group.i say it is going to be the most entertaining group of the world cup.

mexico is a tough rugged team which i expect and angola is a underrated team with some good talent and iran is a fiesty team that plays a openfield game.

i really lke this group and hope everyone enjoys it and gets the feel of there teams.

20. Persian_Prince

Dec 15, 2005
    USA
    I agree. I think at least half of the games in this group will be very entertaining. The games won't have the highest viewership because none of the teams in this group are supposed to be super teams. Perhaps Portugal has the highest profile, but Mexico will be there to make sure proper respect is observed.

Iran and Angola are outsiders (more so for Angola), and that makes these two teams dangerous. I don't believe any of the teams in this group should be taken lightly by the opponent. Each of these teams went through hard fought matches to get there, and none will certainly lay down and die on the pitch.

21. Karimi_Ching

Karimi_Ching New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Cupertino CA
    I agree with both of you guys. This group in my opinion is one of the best if not THE BEST group in the world cup.

22. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thank you sir i wait for an applause.

23. flyzeggs

flyzeggs New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    I won't deny I love Karimi... I've seen every C. Ronaldo clip there is on the wev and I think he puts a lot of wicked moves on, but he's not too effective at putting players behind him. Karimi's dribbles sometimes look wierd (like he's about to fall on his head) but he can put a couple of defenders behind him with only one or two moves.

Bottom line:
    Karimi is a more effective dribbler (whatever that means)

LET'S NOT FORGET THOUGH THAT C. RONALDO IS MUCH YOUNGER!!! :)

I'm saying this because I suppose most of our Angolan, Mexican and Portuguese friends don't know this and because it's sometimes fun to watch... Karimi has a habit of tackling/fouling players he loses the ball to.

This outa sum it up though, no matter how good both Karimi and C. Ronaldo are:

Karimi + C.Ronaldo = Ronaldinho

And ain't that the truth!
    No, probably not... :)

BTW, Angola is getting prepared to kickall our asses, so far among their notable test matches are:
    Morroco, Cameroon, China and S.Korea (for Iran, + they already played Japan) and Hertha Berlin, Leverkusen and Club Brugges... nice job Anfolan FF!!!

So far Iran has none! :D

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    good point but if karimi played in england he wouldnt survive much like ronaldo is.

i cant speak for the bundesligue but is it more defensive style?

i think spain and itlay have a free flowing league and if karimi played there he would be a huge star.

25. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    that's what we Iranians think too, Karimi in Spain would be fantastic!