Clash of the Titans: A.Karimi v C.Ronaldo

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Ale Nesta, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ale Nesta

Ale Nesta New Member

Oct 27, 2001
    This thread is dedicated to the dribbling wizards that are Ali Karimi and Cristiano Ronaldo. We are hoping to see an exciting performance by the two masters of technique and entertainment.

They both seem to be world class on their day but also can be inconsistent and lazy.

Who will flop and who will excel in the WC???

Ali Karimi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cristiano Ronaldo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Portugallia

Portugallia BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 9, 2005
    My Ronaldo can go at 70spm (stepovers per minute). What can your Karimi do eh,eh?

3. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Kirimi is a different type of dribller, he starts off as very slow and lazy looking and then he takes off and never afraid to pull on the brakes at full speed to change direction or feet, btw he's two footed, he can dribble and shoot with both feet. His style in national team is different and perhaps more effective than in Bayern. He gets more space and leniancy in national team to do it his way.

4. SSfan

SSfan New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Ronaldo dribbiling is more flashy, karimi more effective :D

depends on who is on their game, i've seen ronaldo light it up and i seen him just embarrase himself, and the same for karimi!!!!

5. Team Melli

Team Melli New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    London, Paris,TEHRAN
    as an iran fan, i really get excited when i see ronaldo play n have a lot of respect for this amazing guy! he def has amazing skills, BUT as someone pointed out his driblles are flashy and usually results in passing by one or two player and then pass the ball or whatever, whereas when Karimi starts his driblles, he can easliy destroy one whole defence at a glance! he doesnt do flashy stuff, like ronaldo does, instead he gets passed the players one by one with ease and smoothly. nonetheless i believe both players are both world class players, and we cannot really compare them as they play so differently

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lets put it this way both players will do alot for there respective teams....

karimi is impressive he has pace and skill.

the white pearl has speed and flare also he creates a great amount of chances.

[​IMG]

7. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Ronaldo's problem is that he's stuck with the laziest team in the premiership.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy only wants it if it's given to him on a plate, Rooney is too busy mouthing off the ref while the rest of the team are just too old or don't have the footballing mind to keep up with Ronaldo.

I really wish he were at AC Milan with Kaka and Rui Coast instead.

8. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Also, I don't know what the German league is like but in the English league full blown rugby tackles and everything of the like is permitted.

9. dariuss_44

dariuss_44 New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    us & a
    agreed

and karimi is a slow dribbler:
    he starts very slow, and looks lazy then speeds it up and passes many and many guys.
    on the other hand we got ronaldinho that has flashy dribbles and does them fast that you have trouble keeping up.

but overall it should be a good duel.

10. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree with the above points. I just wanted to mention that Karimi is a lot stronger than Ronaldo physically and many times uses his strong physique to hold back defenders while circling them.

11. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    i know ronaldo goes to ground easily sometimes but he's quite well built and strong.i've seen him out-muscle vieira and lampard.

[​IMG]

karimi vs ronaldo will be an interesting duel.such a shame that karimi wasted his talent in al ahli.i used to watch him sometimes here in dubai and he looked completely uninterested in the game even though he was on the field.

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope both play to their best abilities.

13. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    who the hell is Karimi???????? With all due respect He is no where compare to Ronaldo, he is currently the best of the group. seriously there is no question about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. | Mr. Universe |

| Mr. Universe | BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
  15. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    good one!
    but to be fair, nakamura is a great player too.

16. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

stopp trolling this is not wr,every1 in europe knows who karimi is,the star from bayern so stop your childish posts plz

17. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    look i'm not trolling, but u can't compare ronaldo to that iranian guys are the only one that knows him, and understand cause he is the best you've got, but there is really no point on deluding yourself.

I'm portuguesse and i think ronaldo is the best of the group, but it takes more than one man to win a group.

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Your Portuguese, you support Mexico and you live in the USA ? There must be an interesting story behind that. :D

19. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

we re not saying who sthe better player..
    and you re not portugese since theres almost no portugese in usa..
    every in europe knows who karimi is ..if you dont believe me go to the europoean football sites
    hes the best we got but he s better then your best player also..more individuall skills

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Wrong, there are many many many Portuguese in the USA. ;) Canada too for that matter. :)

21. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    I had a good laugh!! :D
    but the things you're saying are far from reality

22. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    you're quite right concerning most of the topic except for the fact no one knows Karimi... I'm damn sure he's well-known in Europe (not to mention Middle East and South Asia)

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wtf karimi is an amazing player but slow and his dribbling is slow to....

ronaldo is much bigger and stronger as he works out every day and as you seem him he is better when his teammates give him slow passes and he uses his mind at that very moment to do a move its called quick thinking.

both are outstanding players that will do well for there teams but stop the comparisons. :eek:

although i still pick a ricardo quaresma then a ronaldo this ronaldo.... :)

ronaldo is not constitent like he was last year.

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol....I have never met a Portuguese that supports mexico..lol

And whoever said that there aren't alot of Portuguese in America, well they are pretty ignorant. Newark proboly has more portuguese speakers then Madeira...lol

25. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    portuguese are everywhere and so is mexicans....not only in small communities.