Clarification on All the Debate About USMNT Players

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ifsteve, Jun 17, 2022.

1. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Want to post up my thoughts so as to ensure nobody has misinterpreted my opinions on some of the fringe players. And I suspect that my sentiments will resonate with a lot of you.

All the individual player threads and game threads have running discussions on how so and so is not any good. Or Jackie is better than Freddie. Or the team has no use for Cal. And I have picked on several guys that I don't think are right for the team. But pick your favorite player to ping on, Scally/Wright/Pefok/Sargent/Dike/Arriola/Roldan/Steffen/Horvath/Sands/etc etc etc. Shoot we even have a poster who thinks McKennie's not good enough.

Here's the bottom line. Every one and I mean that literally. EVERY single one of the players that we discuss surrounding the USMNT are freaking professional soccer players and playing at levels that probably most nobody on BS has played at. These guys are all great at their craft. When I say that I don't see Haji Wright has what it takes I am talking about a great soccer player. Just that he's not at the elite level for playing internationally.

We are talking about the best of the best which is what all of us fans want for the Nats. When we ping on a player its with that perspective NOT that they aren't good at their chosen profession.

Magikfute, largegarlic and RossD repped this.