CL squad question

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by paulo, Aug 13, 2003.

1. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    So, who made it on to the CL roster? Can we get a link?

More specifically, Hasselbaink is on. Mutu is not, right?
    If not, then we only have 3 strikers to choose from if Hasselbaink is sold (Forssell, Gudjohnssen, C. Cole) - I guess in a pinch Joe Cole is a striker too (I kind of envision him in more of an attacking central midfielder role, like Veron).

When can players be added to it? I think for the next round, right? Is there a date? In case Viduka or Makelele end up at Stamford Bridge before the 31st (EPL deadline, right?). I don't want to look too far ahead because I have been dissapointed in the past with regard to expecting Chelsea to be playing in Europe past Halloween.

Just a little curious after thinking about JFH possibly being sold.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Didn't see any mention of specifics mate, but, i would imagine that anybody that got a squad number made the initial list for the qualifiers.

Now, after it is official that we will be in the group stages, we will have untill August 31st to submit our final squad list for the upcoming season with UEFA.

3. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    I never did understand this

So, if I understand you correctly, Mutu could play in group stages. Furthermore, when the January transfer window opens again whoever has a squad number is eligible (both EPL and UEFA tournaments - assuming Chelsea is still playing). And that teams only had to submit players for last Thursday for this qualifying stage. i.e. Chelsea is not locked in with one squad for Europe and one squad for Premier League.

But, one more question how many squad numbers can a team give out? Is it the same as for International Tournaments 23 (3 goalkeepers).

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes, Mutu can and will play in the group stages.
    As will anybody else we bring in before the final squad is listed.

I'm not quite sure i understand what you mean about the split squads in reference to january.

UEFA restricts the amount of players that can be registered to the FIFA limits.