CL Matchday # 4:Dynamo Kiev v. Real Madrid (11.03.04) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by La China Poblana, Nov 1, 2004.

1. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Looks like a repeat in Leverkusen, except Madrid have dominated possession of the ball. They need to grab one back b4 the half if they stand a chance of coming away from this game with a point.

2. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Marcador de Marca: ¡¡¡Gol de Verpakovskis!!!!! El Dinamo vuelve a abusar de las lagunas defensivas madridistas. El letón recibe en la banda izquierda, entra en el área, recorta a Salgado para abrirse hueco y dispara raso lejos del alcance de Casillas.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    =\ goal raul
    2-1
    39'

4. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Marcador de Marca: ¡¡¡¡¡¡Goooooollllll del Real Madrid!!!!!!!! Gran pase de Figo a Raúl dentro del área que ajusta bien con el interior lejos del alcance de Shovkovski.

One back before the half, done. That's our boy...

5. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    38' Raul grabs one back for Madrid. Now all he needs is one more goal to equal Di Stefano in the most goals scored in the competition. Way to go Raul! :)

6. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Penalty, Ronaldo taken down in the box ... Figo converts.

7. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Is this deja vu or what!? Figo just slots in a penalty to tie the game before halftime! Talk about a turn around. This is just like the Roma game. Raul scores, then Figo hits a penalty! Go Madrid!

8. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    lovin the brazilian commentary :cool:

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Marcador de Marca: ¡¡¡¡¡Goooooolllllll del Real Madrid!!!!!!! Figo engaña a Shovkovski por la izquierda y empata un partido que se había puesto muy complicado para los de García Remón.

:)

10. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada
    Holy remontada, Batman!!

Let's hope they keep up the intensity. Kiev were in control of most of the match but then Raul's goal seemed to shift it in favour of Real. And while I'm for Meija starting, Pavon did a pretty good job of robbing the ball on the counterattack.

11. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada
    Re: Dyanmo Kyiv v Real Madrid webstream

Thanks a lot, astabo0t!! You're awesome!

12. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Re: Holy remontada, Batman!!

I can't see the game, but if you're right about Pavon playing his part in the counterattack, then maybe I'm being to critical of him. Could this be his coming out party? We will have to see, but this definitely shifts the momentum to Madrid going into the 2nd half.

13. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    We really have outplayed them this first half, in my opinion. The first goal was unlucky -- Casillas looked to have the shot covered, but then it deflected and dropped in. Their second was just normal poor Real Madrid defending -- the guy gets the ball on the side of the 18, calmly dribbles towards the top of the 18 and shoots into the corner. Then we get our goals (Raul's was vintage Raul -- Figo gives it to him in the box with only a yard or two of space, Raul turns perfectly and slides it into the corner under the goalie. The second - Ronaldo beats his man, who has to foul him. Figo scores from the spot.) We've been posessing well, but haven't really had that many good chances on goal. Neither have they though, they've scored 2 goals on no more than 4 or 5 shots total. Hopefully we can score in the second half to get the full 3 points and put us in a good position in the table to qualify. Owen has been invisible, but I can't think of anyone else who hasn't made an impression. Guti, Figo, and ZIdane are working very well in midfield, Salgado and RCarlos are doing their part in holding back the Kiev attack and attacking on their own, Ronaldo is creating a few chances here and there, Casillas has saved us a few times big time (a few wide open shots in the 18 he has saved). Helguera has done well both stopping his responsibilities and covering for Pavon. Should be an interesting second half.

[result]Roma 0-0 Bayer Leverkusen. With a win we would move on top of the group, if the result in that game holds[/result]

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i try my best.

i am surprised they arent showing this in canada. what game did you get today?

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    great goal from Raul - good run, good pass by Figo, good control and placed it well in the corner. i like how things are going here and i've got a good feeling about the second half!

btw thanx again astaboot - the video's not freezing anymore and yes, i'm enjoying the portuguese commentary.

16. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    FT: 2-2 draw

Bayer and Roma are also looking like a draw, at 1-1. Qualifying from this group will go down to the wire.

17. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ditto, Astaboot. Your my new hero, the link worked great!

18. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    FT Dinamo 2-2 Real Madrid
    AS Roma 1-1 Leverkusen

19. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A hard fought game. This isn't easy for me to write, but Pavon was OK tonight. It was Salgado's turn with the stupid fouls & he didn't stop his man from scoring the 2nd goal. Raul's goal was awesome. Clear penalty on Ronaldo in the box & a well taken PK from Figo. I hate seeing Celades come on instead of Morientes or Solari, but it seemed to work tonight. What a comeback.

20. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    It was an entertaining game w/ a lot of yellow cards shown to Dynamo. For a minute there, I thought Madrid were going to score the winner, but it wasn't meant to be. At least they got the point, but w/ Bayer and Roma drawing tonight it's going to come down to the last two games. Hopefully Roma can win against Dynamo, but I'm not sure they'll be able to perform well in the cold. I'm very confident that the team will be at full strength to play against Leverkusen on the 23rd, so hopefully we come out w/ a win at home. Oh yeah, I tried to use the link astabo0t provided and was able to watch the game. Thanks asta!

I must say, Pavon performed very well in the second half. He and Helguera were right on point w/ each other and were able to shut down Dynamo on their counterattacks. Overall, the team did well, but could have done better. Glad to see they got the point, but they'll need to really pour it on for the remaining two games.

21. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    How'd the different formation work out? I couldnt see the game, but it seems possession was held well, but what about scoring chances, I cant really see Owen playing behind the striker either.

22. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i can't be bothered with the numbers at the moment, but the Real Madrid website says that a win against Leverkusen would ensure Real qualify. Bayer and Kiev have to play each other still next matchday so at least one of them will drop points.

24. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not a bad result at all, was very important not to lose, leaves it in Real's hands to qualify.

25. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Brilliant pics, Sinko.