CL Match day 5: Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Nov 21, 2017.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We will probably need a point from the next two games to secure a Europa League spot, but any chance of progressing out of the group has realistically gone.

I have had the feeling that today will be Judgement day for Bosz. Either he comes up with something new, plays the players in the right position, and has a convincing win or he will go. With everything to lose I really hope he picks the right team.

Burki
    Toljan--Sokratis--Bartra--Raphael
    --------Weigl---Dahoud--------
    Yarmolenko----Gotze-----Philipp
    -------------Auba------------

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If Kicker's lineup is already the official one, Sokratis seems to be out, not even on the bench. Zagadou plays for him instead. Further, Kagawa instead of Dahoud and Rapha apparently on Philipp's position.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Ridiculous selection in a game we should be going to try and win. Sokratis may still be injured, but its his usual 4-3-3 with two no 10s. Whatever happens I wish he would go in the morning.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Auba with an unbelievable miss in a 1 on 1 with much space...

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This time Auba with a nice finish for the lead. Nicely assisted by Rapha and Yarmo.
    We are only playing for the Euro league though.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Madrid are tearing Nikosia a new one. We are out. Why does it matter if PB wins this? Why can we just toss him out? First time we don't top a CL group since 2012.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Auba get's so much criticism, but he is a top striker.

Weigl has been very good.

This match makes me both angry and very sad. This team could have been so much more with a good manager.

Even today he has players playing in positions to limit their game.

Gotze has fantastic technique, but he does not have the legs or speed to cover ground quickly. So Bosz plays him deep so he can never be in threatening ares and waste all his energy defending.

He plays Raphael to track Aurier, when the worst part of Raphael's game is tracking runners behind him.

Kagawa simply doesn't have a good enough touch to cope with his back to goal in a high quality game.

The only good thing he has done is play Zagadou.

I can only hope he takes off Kagawa, brings on Dahoud and plays Gotze further forward.

8. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Well Auba getting a goal is a good thing. It would be nice to see him getting back to form.

The team still looks to get stretched under any type of decent attack. It is hard to know if it is dortmund doing better or Tottenham not really needing the win is driving the performance.

Need to finish strong and get some momentum heading into the darby.

9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It might be good spot to get Phillip some minutes, take Kagawa off, move Rafa beside Weigl and push Gotze up. Not likely though since PB hasn't ever played Rafa there.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Raphael is not a top midfield and that experiment needs to die. It is another thing that annoyed me about Tuchel. If Philipp is to come on, I would want it to be for Schmelzer. It never really worked that well.

It's not surprise the goal came from Raphael, he gives the team some much needed energy and movement. Gotze and Yarmolenko have great technique, fire the ball into them and have runners buzzing off them.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can someone explain to me what the aversion is to playing Guerreiro at freaking leftback?!

Liquid1010 and eaglespark repped this.
  12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki got a lot of deserved criticism lately but one should also point out his great saves to preserve the lead. Especially that header looked hard to save.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:1. Unlucky deflection for Toljan and we get surprised with our pants down in defense.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's not like he was the starting left back for a European Championship winning team.

I suspect part of it is that our managers don't have the bottle to permanently drop Schmelzer.

Liquid1010 and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    How long before Dahoud comes on? I am just annoyed. If things stay the same we will lose.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Castro getting ready.
    If Bosz gets fired, I'll worry about Dahoud. Somebody better make sure he doesn't celebrate too hard.

17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Just raging. Kagawa should never have started but now Castro comes on.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh FOR FÜCKS SAKE. Not Castro. I just want to turn this shit off.

19. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Castro for the game winner?

SMH

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Even if he did it would not change a thing. This is pathetic management by a manager without a clue. He only knows how to set up a team one way and is forcing players to play a system that doesn' suit them.

Tottenham are content with a draw that will see them almost certainly top the group.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Castro, on good days, looks like he's playing with the squad for the first time. On bad days it looks likes he's playing football for the first time.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Oh well, 1:2. It's was only a matter of time that our defense strikes again.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It was a given we were going to concede. The really sad thing is Tottenham weren't even trying that hard for the win. They completely dominated and Bosz did nothing about it.

Zagadou injured too now.

Liquid1010 and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why is Götze defending so deep and wide?!?! Peter Bosz is fücking groundhogs day. He meets his players for the first time everyday. How can he not know their strengths and weaknesses at this point??

Our identity is that of a possession based team the cannot play possession football.

eaglespark repped this.
  25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Undefeated at home for 2 seasons straight. Peter Bosz can't win even once at home in the CL.

eaglespark repped this.