CL: Lazio-Chelsea 11/4 (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Nov 3, 2003.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    what a week for Lazio...Chelsea in the CL tomorrow and the derby on the weekend...

tomorrow's game is going to be tough with out Stam and Oddo (suspended) and Peruzzi in goal...

on the plus side, Corradi has begun scoring again, got good reviews in saturday's 2-1 win at Udinese....

Curious to see how Veron responds to playing at the Olimpico...

preview for the CL match:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=282283&cc=5901

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Crespo has scored against his old club after 15 minutes to put Chelsea ahead 1-0.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sounds like backup keeper Sereni made a mess of a Veron free kick, punching it straight into the path of Crespo. Two ex's conspiring to score. Wonder how they celebrated.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Crespo didnt really celebrate when he scored for Inter last year vs us....

As for Sereni, sounds like he had made a bunch of good saves...chelsea has pounded Lazio for 10 first half shot...0-1 at the half...I'll take a draw at this point...

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Mihajlovic makes Lazio's task even more difficult after two quick yellows.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    And yeah, it nows sounds like Crespo's goal was more of a fluke than a bad play by Sereni.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Sinisa....

what a maddening player. At times he can be professional, capable, and those free kicks...

Other times, he does this. (Anyone else remember the Euro2K game against Slovenia?) We need better CBs. Younger and slightly more mentally stable ones.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yikes, I go off to do some work and come back to find the floodgates have opened, and it's now 4-0. What a disaster. Is Lazio's once-promising campaign now unravelling?

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Miha kills us, I hope today is the last straw for him....he is so slow and only defends by fouling...someone else can take the FKs!

Lazio had a great chance down 0-1 early in the half through Stankovic/Corradi...Italian announcer just kept saying "incredibile" after Cuducini's save...

4-0 pounding at home does hurt....

have to beat Besiktas at home in the next CL match to stay alive....

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So long

as we beat Besiktas at home, we're fine. I don't think Sparta or Besiktas are going to take too many points from Chelsea, who've found their stride.

To be honest, I'm somewhat ambivalent about the whole CL campaign. On one hand, its my best chance to see Lazio play live, but on the other hand, we clearly don't have the resources to sustain a challenge domestically and in Europe. To be knocked out of the CL might be a blessing in disguise, imho. We simply don't have a big enough squad to manage both competitions.
    I'd rather we did the treble, of course, but realistically..........when we have Miha as a defender, its hard to play so many games and pray for no injuries.

P.S. By all acounts Cudicini did have an absolutely amazing game, which helps explain the scoreline.
    P.P.S. I recall Fiore is decent on the FKs, isn't he? From what I've heard, Miha's set pieces were pretty disappointing today as well.

11. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    nobody mentioned that Mihajlovic did spit in mutu's face in the first half without being seen.....he's the same that 2 years ago insulted vieira for his skin

12. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    He also arranged with the Ultras to commemorate the death of the Serb war criminal Arkan. Not a nice guy at all.

Simone Inzaghi really gave me a couple of good laughs last night. He is a parody of his brother. Filippo at least has the sense to wait until someone touches him to throw him self. Simone’s attempts of diving are top class comedy.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Re: So long

I kind of feel that way too, but I do think we have enough to defeat Besiktas and then Sparta to take 2nd in the group...but if has affected our league form no doubt.

as for Miha, there is no way to defend him. Hopefully he has disgraced Lazio for the last time...Mancini has said Miha "will pay".

He'll probably get 3-4 games Euro suspension, a definite blessing in disguise...