CL Game 5 SL Benfica Vs København 2006-11-21 [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by TO DEVILS, Nov 1, 2006.

1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    [​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

Date: 2006-11-21
    Time: 14:45pm est
    City: Lisboa
    Stadium: Luz

We need a win, and it would be amazing if it could be by more than 2 goals, just in case of tie with Celtic!!! So.....lets kick some ass!!!​

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This group is wide open! Copenhagen are not to be taken lightly, but I also think Man Utd are overrated right now. Copenhagen may have spent all of their luck beating Man Utd. I see Benfica winning this match 2-0.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The absolute Star at FCK, Jesper Grønkjaer, finally seem to be ready and in top shape to play the last two games against Benfica and Celtic. He has very much been missed so far, making the FCK team look rather toothless in attack without him.

4. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Kopenhagen is a tough team to score against. They, to me, seem like the classic ten men behind the ball counterattacking squad. Benfica could only draw there. Man United lost there despite putting on pressure. And Kopenhagen lost at Celtic Park 0-1 on a PK. They were only beat at Old Trafford by a solid performance from Man United.

So, I hope Benfica do not take them likely and they must get a nice early goal. Otherwise, it'll be tough.

5. SLB70

SLB70 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lisboa
    I agree Brian, and to add that Mr. Jesper Grønkjaer will be back to near 100% fit for this game.

6. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    I don't understand all this negativity. It's Kopenhagen! Playing away to the biggest club in the world!

It'll be a beating like in the old days: 3 goals before half time, Eusébio scores a hattrick... I mean, Miccoli.

7. Kikinf17

Kikinf17 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    i know benfica will win they will they are playing great :) i want benfica to win..its almost a fact they will win my 2nd objetive is that kikin plays at least 20 minutes :):D

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, Pimpong hardly ever play for FCK anyway, so it's not much of a blow, except a blow for the bench perhaps :D ..

Otherwise I must say that I agree with most of the posters in this thread.. FCK seem to have the most solid defensive play in this group, but on the other hand also the poorest attack so far.

It's surely not a team you can afford to underestimate. FCK may be a very young team without a past history in the Europa cups, but on the other hand they are by far the richest Scandinavian team ever and this season on paper also got by far the stronges team ever fielded by a Scandinavian side in the Europa cups.

Neither Rosenborg or IFK Göteborg (who wont the UEFA cup twice for Sweden) have ever (on paper) been able to field this strong a team.. Almost the whole FCK defense (except for the left back) are regular starters for the Danish and Norwegian NT's. The swedish FA just selected Tobias Linderoth (who is Captain of the Swedish NT) as 'Swedish midfielder of the year 2006' ahead of Fredrik Ljungberg (Arsenal), while Marcus Allbäck was selected as 'Swedish Forward of the year' 2006, beating Henrik Larsson (Barcelona/Helsingborg) for the title.

Unfortunately for FCK then Allbäck has been quite alone in attack and not had the needed support to do much damage in CL so far (except for his goal against Man United), but now that Grønkjaer is back and ready to play I think FCK is going to look more dangerous in attack..

So in other words, FCK is perhaps not among the very best of teams in CL, but they are surely not among the poorest either if you both look at their regular starters and at how some of the other teams are being beaten silly in the other groups..

9. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Gola Benfica. Leo... first shoot to the goal....

10. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    2 - 0 Miccoli. Boring game, exciting 5 minutes :D

11. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    are you watching the game if so where?

12. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    which link you guys watching this on i was watching up to the 10th min and it disconnected on me :mad: :mad: :mad: stupid livefooty

13. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    home, RTP 1 ;)

14. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Yellow card Micolli; too much Italian hot blood :p
    Huge miss now almost own goal

15. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    ahh i didnt notice you were located in lisboa :D damn rtpi sport tv and sic arent showing this.. i get 4 portuguese channels and none are showing it !!!!

16. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    :D
    you just missed a HUGE miss from Micolli

17. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    3-0 Micolli. FCK is tacling too soft... they are having a bad day.

18. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What is going on:eek:

First Porto dominate in Russia 0-2

And now the Lampioes are killing Han Christian Anderson 3-0:D

I hope SCP do this well tomorrow...

Good day for Portuguese soccer:cool:

19. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    With a plus for Porto because Ars his loosing to Hamburg...

Let's see if we can get the same tomorrow. Good luck.

20. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I wanna see Miccoli get the hattrick

21. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    Man U - Celtic
    Highlight to see score
    0-1 missed PK for man u 89th min

22. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    game over 3-1
    Celtic scored in minute 80. Saha makes one incredible miss nad then ,misses a penalty in the last minute. MU made 90 minutes of poor football, exception for CR07. Red nose Fergunson managed to qualify the scotts loosing 2 games in a row.
    Now, save some $$ and travel to Manchester to see Benfica win. Anyone...?

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congrats..A very deserved win for a Benfica team that did what they needed to do and also scored some nice goals ..

As for FCK then they cant be happy at all about how they played.. They did a good job despite losing away to United, but this was simply an off-day by all the players except for Grønkjaer. Non-excistent defensive play in the first half and very poor passes right to Benfica players even when they were not under pressure. Worst game ever by Linderoth in midfield. The winter break has just started in Danish league, and to be honest it looked like the FCK players had already packed their bags and gone on vacation.