PBP: CL Chelsea Vs. Zenit St Petersburg

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Which stand were you in? I am in the west lower and my usual gate has 20 minute queues but by walking down to the far end you can just about walk straight in.

Still it's great to be back in the ground, TV is not the same

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We were waiting for you and the cool kids to turn up Cris. In the meantime they had to make do with me and some similar types, AKA ...

[​IMG]

Cris 09 repped this.
  3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Shed end upper, they were asking people for proof of either vaccination or negative Covid test, I found that my NHS app decided to stop working, cue panic, thing is I think perhaps it was because thousands of people in the same vicinity were trying to get access to the app at the same place and at the same time? I dunno I'm not particularly technical when it comes to these things. I scrabbled around for my card, the crowd grew impatient, the stewards kind of 'gave up' and the force of hundreds of people moving forward from behind me propelled me (and everyone else) through the ONE open gate at quite a speed - chaos! I thought the atmosphere last night was pretty good, certainly better than the last couple of pre-Covid trips I made there.

4. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started a new gig so wasn't able to catch the game. Seems like the score could have easily gone the other way. We've been missing a true goal scorer for so long that I'm beginning to feel spoiled with Lukaku lol.

How was Chills seasons debut as a sub? Really thought he would have gotten the start.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Only came on towards the end and looked a bit nervy which was understandable.

6. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Lukewarm performance all around - good result. I'll take it.

Heavy reliance on the Kak so far in terms of goals. C'mon boys, we have the talent to score from elsewhere!

7. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes it is a requirement for entry now although they seemed a bit stricter than on Saturday.

Ok, I open the app at home get the proof, take the pdf option and download. Then open the PDF when needed as I am double jabbed the pdf is valid for a month. Job done.

Yes not a bad atmosphere, I guess the away fans were all uk residents

8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for the tip, that's exactly what I'm going to do next time!

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lackluster match barring Lukaku and Rudiger's run.