CL: Arsenal v. Lokomotiv Moskva [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by dwinkler, Sep 30, 2003.

1. asfoolasiam

asfoolasiam New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    Okay, I'm gonna disagree.

Yeah, we needed a win.
    Yeah, I'm thinking our last CL win was probably roma, so we really needed a win
    Yeah, we probably would have gotten a win if we could finish better.
    Yeah, I didn't even see the game, so what the hell do I know...

BUT...

I think that with Arsenal's recent struggles, with all our (significant) injuries, with the godforsaken bench we had at that game (tho I'd have liked to have seen Aliediere), with our keeping a clean sheet, and with our getting a very necessary point in Moscow, where we have never won, I think it was a good result.

True: we are exceptionally unlikely to win our group. But, if we win our matches against Kiev, we are almost assured of going through. I like that we're remembering how to play defense, and I can't believe our offense can persist so long in this slump. Our next match is critical: if we win, I think we stand an excellent chance of making the knockout rounds.

2. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Looking at this match in isolation and considering all the problems the squad is having and the tough run of matches, I'm satisfied with a draw. A win sure would have been nice, given the Milan debacle, but a draw is satisfactory. The next game against Kiev is huge, as a win would make the Gunners solid favorites to take 2nd in the group, but a loss would make it really tough to advance.

3. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States