CJ on B96 at 9a.m. 10-10-03

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Mr. Trike, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    I know, I know, what were you doing listening to that station. It is one of 10 presets and only checked when all others are talk,commercials...

Eddie & Jobo talked to him and said Eddie is going to game and doing "between periods" promotions.

They asked CJ about lines and CJ said it was tough in practice to tell out of bounds lines when tracking balls in the air.

CJ said he would guess attendance tonight around 30,000.

LET'S GO FIRE!

2. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    The lines were near impossible to see even from section 8 on Wednesday. I hope that they made them darker or something. Are the football lines still down because there was suppose to be a flag football game? Now that that is cancelled could they get rid of the lines somehow? Really, the lines were extremely hard to see.

3. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Eddie and Jobo must really be getting up there these days.

4. Cougar Jim

Cougar Jim New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago
    So I presume it was Eddie that got on the field at halftime and thought it was so cute to lead the crowd in a Harry rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." I WANTED TO PUKE!!! Hey, dumbass, did you ever think that some of the people at NSF were there because they would rather watch soccer than baseball? And, concerning the Fire, did you ever think that this outbreak of Cub fever probably cost the Fire an even bigger crowd? God forbid, if the Cubs are still playing next weekend at the same time as the Fire, I don't think they'll be 10K at our game.

Am I overreacting here? Maybe. But I'll be willing to eat some crow if this same goofball gets up at Wrigley Field next week during the 7th inning stretch, says to everyone, "Hey, the Fire is going for another championship, let's hear it for them!" and then leads the crowd in one of the ditties made famous by Section 8. Until then, Eddie, SHUT THE F### UP AND CRAWL BACK UNDER WHATEVER ROCK YOU CAME FROM! AND TAKE THE DAMN CUBS
    WITH YOU!!!

5. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Re: Re: CJ on B96 at 9a.m. 10-10-03

It was actually Jobo. But who cares?

No, not at all. Almost everyones reaction at SF was, "What the hell?" I just sat there, very confused, and annoyed. Barely anyone sang. I totally support the Cubs, but don't bring that to a soccer game. And Eddie and Jobo are the most annoying DJ's in Chicago.

Bad Move, PR, Bad Move!

6. Re: Re: Re: CJ on B96 at 9a.m. 10-10-03

More than a few boos were heard on the 200 club level.

7. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    And some of the section 8 people started cheering for fire that was pretty funny. :)

8. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Re: Re: Re: CJ on B96 at 9a.m. 10-10-03

Jobo improvised....was not Fire's call. He will NOT be invited back.

peter

9. Cougar Jim

Cougar Jim New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Re: Re: Re: Re: CJ on B96 at 9a.m. 10-10-03

Thanks, Peter! As always, you rock!

10. Some? I think they were louder than during the run of play in the first half.

11. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    I don't think it was too loud, maybe it seemed pretty loud because everybody else on the stadium was quiet.

12. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA

Woo hoo! Go Peter!

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999

Not even for a Segroves Ritualistic Enema(tm)?

What a dork.

14. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, the appropriate response to an inappropriate display!

If you were to look up "What a General Manager Should be", you'll see a picture of Peter Wilt!