News: Civil War in Syria

Discussion in 'International News' started by Mr. Conspiracy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/08/05/230496.html
    At :14, your "hand" is a head! :p

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is it this guy?

[​IMG]

tomwilhelm repped this.
  3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Again, where is the 40 you claimed? The highest number you've been able to come up with is 35. Yet, you claimed, with utmost confidence, that there were 40 men in that video.

All this head-counting aside, where is the proof that all the men in the photo are actually the Iranian captives? These Wahabi terrorists have many Syrian captives too, whom they may have used in that video, along with the real Iranian captives, to make the number of the men, look higher. There are numerous proven cases of exaggeration and lying by these thugs. See, two can play this game. There are no real facts here. It's all speculation. But given the history of these thugs, the confirmation by the more mainstream Syrian opposition, the Iranian version of the events, seems to be more plausible.

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure any of this stuff can be described as 'plausible'. It's just that some is obviously tosh and other stuff might not be as BIG a load of tosh.

TBH it all rather reminds me of the film 'Wag the Dog'.

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I'd say, "You can't be that stupid", but we're well past that point. Try watching the video, and see how many people are behind the man in uniform. Or, do you need someone to number them?
    BTW, you said there were only 12, then, at most 20. I'm not rubbing your nose in it ... too much! :p
    All part of their elaborate plan. :rolleyes:

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There is no way that there are 10 people behind the guy. But lets just say there are 40 men there, what the ******** is your point? Do you have proof that every single one of these people in the photo and the video is an Iranian national? Do you have proof that they're not civilians? So put a sock in it, until you have solid evidence to back up your bullshit conspiracies. If the Iranian regime wanted to send fighters to Syria, they wouldn't be a bunch of unfit middle-aged/old men and women.
    It's much more of a plausible theory than your theory that a group of unarmed men and women riding a Bus, near a shrine, with no protection in broad daylight, were Iranian soldiers.

7. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/139911/turkey-slams-iran-on-eve-of-salehi’s-visit-.html

Not that these meetings serve much of a purpose, but:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/09/us-iran-syria-conference-idUSBRE8780MG20120809

8. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jake claimed 30+. Jake was right, as we demonstrated.

You claimed with your typical assanine arrogance that there were no more than 20. Actually, you said a dozen. That's 12.

So seriously, STFU.

9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be a monumental mistake for iran to try and take any action against Turkey. Turkey by itself is more then a match for iran, but if iran were foolish enough to start a fight with Turkey they would also face NATO and would be involved in a multi-front war overnight with superior US forces able to attack by land and sea as well as through Turkey.

But as has been said time and again, iran in the long held tradition of the middle east will proclaim loudly and boldly about what it can do in the most bombastic tones possible, but will meekly do nothing.

10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Give us a number between 1 & 9, then.
    That you're an idiot. I think I've achieved that! :ROFLMAO:
    Yes. It's in my pocket, and I'm not going to show it to you! :p
    Such as your unsupported statement that the rebels executed 3 Iranians?
    Not my theory. I had made it clear, long ago, that I hoped the pilgrims could convince their captors of their non-combatant status. Good thing they didn't claim to be hiking, eh?

tomwilhelm repped this.
  11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No, he claimed 40, and he was wrong.
    An American cowboy who comments about anything and everything without knowing any facts, using the words "assanine arrogance" to describe someone else, is just ironic, specially after how you got embarrassed on the Olympic issue.Tell you what, I will STFU, when you learn your place in the universe, and stop commenting about topics you don't know jack about.

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You guys' obsession with me, is very evident. The fact is, none of you can handle me, because I am more knowledgeable than you on the region and I call you out on your bullshit, so you resort to childish antics to "prove" me wrong, on trivial matters like this one, literally spending hours of your time, to mark a picture with photoshop, when it doesn't exactly support what you had claimed. :rolleyes:
    In other words, you have no evidence, and been speculating, as usual.

13. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading this post gave me a visual of mani standing there thumping his chest with his fist saying :me mani, me too smart for bigsoccer" :ROFLMAO:

tomwilhelm repped this.
  14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    AFP: Iran on Thursday hosted a 29-nation conference on the conflict gripping its key ally Syria and backed moves to start peace talks between the Damascus regime and opposition groups. Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told reporters after the hastily called meeting that "a major part of the opposition has announced that it is ready to negotiate with the Syrian government in Tehran without any preconditions."Salehi offered few other details about the initiative, other than that Iran would coordinate soon with Syria's government on how to move forward.

Thursday's four-hour meeting gathered several countries, notably Russia, China, Cuba, Iraq and Venezuela, that are friendly to Iran. Others included Afghanistan, Algeria, India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Zimbabwe. >>>

15. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Actually, it's fun to come to this board every few hours, and have another laugh, at you! :ROFLMAO:
    BTW, the proper term is "youse guys"! :p
    The image I try to forget, is Mani pounding away at his keyboard, surrounding by photos of Iranian weightlifters and wrestlers, while his Mom yells at him to come down from his room and eat his aash! :eek:

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Better yet, stand in front of a mirror...

17. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Syrian army has largely cleared Aleppo from the terrorists and mercenaries hiding in some of the districts in that city. A growing realization is setting in that Assad will not be removed by force and that negotiations between the legitimate opposition and Assad are the only path to a proper resolution of the Syrian problem. Iran, of course, has indicated that it is willing to try to bring these two sides together to discuss a realistic plan for Syria's future.

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  19. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: So YOU say.

20. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not just me. But to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that those who have embroiled Syria in these problems, namely the US and its stooges, are part of the "growing recognition" I alluded to. No. The US has in fact come out openly and admitted that one of the principal reasons it is insisting that Assad must give up power is his alliance with Iran!

The 'growing recognition' I referred to, however, was reflected in the attitudes of around 30 countries attending the conference in Tehran. It is also found in the statements from the UN itself.
    Here is a report that touches on it.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/08/09/uk-syria-crisis-idUKBRE86H18C20120809
    Rebels pull back in Syria's Aleppo, U.N. says no one will win

21. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the whole quote im:

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Libyan terrorists in Syria

23. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok who is this person and why should we believe her?

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A brave woman, the voice of of the voiceless, the voice of the silent majority in Syria.

25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Turks took great offense when the Iranian armed forces recently warned Turkey that the policies against Syria will threaten to engulf Turkey itself into civil war. But that is exactly the threat Turkey is facing right now and other Turkish political parties are already criticizing Edrogan for dragging Turkey into this mess.

This is an editorial by the Financial Times:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/745eca58-e22b-11e1-b3ff-00144feab49a.html#axzz23CW4Jh8M