Pre-match: City vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by deadendnights, Jan 19, 2012.

1. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This match in January at the Eithiad while being billed as a Title Tilt, means far less than the last two at the Eithiad did. On the line is not immediate qualification for the Champions League. That being said if Spurs lose they are 8 points back, and if they win, only two. With 16 games to play anything can happen (literally) between now and the end of the season.

Out: The brothers Toure, V Kompany
    Balotelli fit?

Prospective lineup: I don't want to see Kolorav on teamsheet.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Aguero,Dzeko,Silva,Barry,Milner,Nasri,Clichy,Lescott,Savic,Richards,Hart[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

2. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Final score 3-1 City.

Dzeko brace, Aguero single.

3. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think City can scrape out a win.

But based on recent form I'd probably be content with a draw. And hoping Arsenal do Scum in.

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not confident but praying for a win as I think the rags will beat Arsenal again. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, after Spurs we have no top six sides for a while although as we all know City can struggle against teams like Stoke and Everton! Redknapp has said Spurs will come and go all-out attack, if true Mancini should have the players ready to exploit gaps in the defence and counterattack.

5. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really think Arsenal have a chance. But I will continue to hope.

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really looking forward to this game... who would've thought it - in the past Manchester United vs. Arsenal would be the game all eyes would be on while City vs. Spurs would just be a backdrop fixture, a midtable clash or maybe even a relegation six-pointer but here are City and Spurs 1st and 3rd in the table respectively, each ahead of their corresponding city rival. This will be a real challenge for both teams title credentials...

7. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A pretty decent match from Fergie's Webb. I appreciate him missing the "stamp" allowing Balotelli to still be on the pitch to be fouled.

8. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Savic sucked

9. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Decent first half. Dreadful second half.

10. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Balotelli will get a retrospective ban surely, only English golden boys like Rooney and Gerrard would get away with that.

A fantastic win that showed character as I thought we'd bottled it when we let them back into it. Kompany will miss Liverpool away but crucially will be back for the next league game so our defence should become a lot more solid again. Next season Savic needs to go out on loan, he is clearly not ready yet.

My back is still aching from a random guy grabbing me, lifting me off my feet, and giving me a bearhug after our injury time winner. :D:D:D

11. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The team played hot and cold through the whole match, we're severely missing the Toure brothers and Big Bad Company.

Dzeko was pretty bad, apart from that flick assist to Lescott. He needs to put in more consistent performances.

Balotelli is sure to be banned.

12. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aguero and Dzeko don't seem to play well together

13. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not at all.

14. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mario banned for four games, he can appeal but probably not worth it as he's foreign. Luckily we don't have any crunch league games coming up so surely Aguero and Dzeko can put goals past teams like Villa and Blackburn. The lack of a fourth striker continues to annoy me though, I know we want Guidetti to develop with regular first team football on loan but I'd be highly tempted to recall him.

15. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about recalling Adebayor, just to put the screw to Spurs?

i realize there is no way back for Ade, just playing the Devil's advocate

16. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No way in hell Adebayor will be back. Mancini is very clear about who he wants to stay and who he wants to go.

The Aguero-Dzeko partnership has seen better days but I wouldn't say its bad. Dzeko does a lot of things that benefit Aguero, like attract defenders and open up pockets for players like him, Nasri, and Silva. Aguero does a good job of finding Dzeko at the right moment, although he needs to be a little less selfish with the ball.

They'll come together, I'm sure of it.

17. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adebayor isn't an option because of the £2million loan fee. I think Guidetti and Roque Santa Cruz could be recalled though, both would add depth to the front line and Santa Cruz has been very good for Betis lately, including an amazing goal against Barca. But Mancini can be quite stubborn, if a player isn't to his tastes he might not call him back even if the player would help (Santa Cruz being the one in question).

18. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No Lescott wasn't charged which is important as it means the Kompany/Lescott pairing will be reunited for Everton, at least until a referee sends one of them off again.

19. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aguero's response to the penalty, I love King Kun, the workrate and passion of Tevez but not a complete twat off the pitch. :D

[​IMG]