City vs Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by CityBlues, Sep 9, 2008.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I only saw the play from one angle, but definately a red card. Did Jo have a clear break away?

2. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Not a clear one v 'keeper, but it was a clear two on one. There was one more defender back (Carvalho?), but Robinho was breaking to Jo's left. I agree, it was a deserved red. Had Terry not hauled down Jo, it was a clear scoring opportunity.

3. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it as non malicious, plus...we want John Terry to be in the squad for next week against the scum...that's why I'm defending him (haha get it). It's good that they got the card appealed.

Also, the article you found was very insightful and I think all of the doubters should read it to get a real sense of what position City is in and where we plan on going.

4. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    The FA have rescinded the red card. :eek:

5. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Of course they did. God forbid that England's captain have to sit out a league match. [​IMG]

6. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching fox soccer report the other night. And I am pretty ignorant about the whole discipline procedures, but the analysts we're saying that since it was classified as "Serious Foul Play," Chelsea would have to convince a panel that Terry shouldn't have even recieved a yellow to rescind the Red. And they said if the red stood it would be a three game suspension. Are these guys off their rockers? Or did Chelsea convince someone that Terry shouldn't have received a yellow at all? Just curious, I would love to see Terry in against ManU.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What happened was that Halsey screwed up. Yes it was a cynical foul but serious foul play? Nope. Just a very clumsy attempt.

8. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh I see, thanks for the info. So they overturned the Halsey call that is was serious foul play. That makes sense to me now.

9. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Alan, do you have an update? Did the red card get changed to yellow or has he got off scot-free?

When I saw the tackle, I immediately called out "Red card ref" and to my surprise, that's what he got. My surprise being based on the fact that JT had already made some fouls that he should've received a yellow for, so I never thought a red would be brandished. And, as it turns out, it wasn't!! You've got to love football.

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was a yellow at best it being a professional foul, even Hughes thought that.

11. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    There is no such thing as a professional foul, it's unprofessional. But it's said all the time in football. Ungentlemanly conduct.

So, Allez, has JT been handed a yellow card, that's my question? :rolleyes:

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah, I don't think it should of ever been any more than a Yellow card. It was a professional foul, Terry knew what he was doing and was going to take the yellow to stop Jo. It happens all the time at the top level.