City vs Blackburn Rovers

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by deadendnights, Sep 28, 2011.

1. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We eked out a 1-0 win last season on the back of Dzeko's first PL goal of the season. After what happened in Munich i'm hoping that Mancini plays a strong lineup and that City come out and attack. 7,000 City fans should help.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Aguero, Mario, Silva, Barry, De Jong, Nasri, Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Richards, Hart[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need to win this or the anti-City media hacks will be out in force with their fabricated "Mancini must win next 20 games or be sacked" type stories.

Blackburn were rock solid against us at home last season and held us to a draw. They beat Arsenal 4-3 recently too but that they leaked three is a good sign as we're unlikely to leak four - although we need to regain some of our defensive discipline that has escaped us this season.

I like your team but would consider playing Milner for either Barry or Nasri. I'm not sure if you put Silva left and Nasri right on purpose but I wouldn't mind seeing Nasri moved from the left either as he seems misplaced there.

3. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put him there semi on purpose seeing if Balotelli is up front he might give Nasri the space he needs to operate since Mario can play wider. I left out my "the media will be after us rant" but i agree.

Not only do we need a win, but a convincing one or it will be like last Oct/Nov when we lost 3 games in a row and according to the media Mancini was a marked man.

4. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take three points anyway they come, but I'd prefer a convincing win to shut the media up.

I'm a little disappointed we won't be seeing Dzeko. But he made his bed.

5. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Blackburn have a "defensive crisis" according to the Daily Star, a long list of players in doubt - unfortunately one of them isn't Samba who always seems to have his season-best performance against us.

6. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    A win will not stop the media backlash, that will not stop until the tevez situation is finally sorted.

7. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm glad Dzeko lashed out at Mancini. He showed some teeth for once.

You don't take out a striker whenever he fails to score after barely an hour, it kills his confidence and puts doubts in his mind. Mancini partly ruined Dzeko's rise in form.

Once Balo does Balo stuff again, and Aguero fails perform at optimal level, Little Bobby will realize how much he needs Edin in there.

8. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dzeko has apologized to Mancini and his team-mates for the outburst so sees what he did as wrong, and it was really. No one should show dissent against the manager ever, and Mancini said it'll be the last time anyone does it. It has to stop, there has to be discipline at this club with no one safe from sanctions if they lash out.

9. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between the guy who didn't want to come out and the guy who didn't want to go in, I know which one I prefer.

10. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the win we needed. Blackburn took the Everton "park the bus" tactic to heart, and it worked until the Johnson goal which was identical to his goal at Sunderland.

Balotelli looked great, hoping Aguero pulls out of the Argentina games to rest his groin as the next few weeks are crucial to PL, and CL seasons.

11. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great second half performance. First half was good but frustrating and had the feel of a post-Champions League effort. Improved in the second half. Aguero's injury is a worry but Nasri was sensational when he came on to replace him - 2 assists and 1 goal, how can you argue with that for a player on the pitch for 60 minutes? Balotelli has matured so much lately, let us hope it is permanent as he led the line so well and his goal was brilliant.

12. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your lips....

13. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Three wins today for City.

U18s beat the rags 3-1 and U16s beat the rags 2-1.

I watched the U18s game and we largely outclassed them all over the pitch. Denis Suarez ran the show with a Silva-esque display and Albert Rusnak scored two, one penalty and a special goal where he seemed to dribble through half of United's team. Jordy Hiwula, who is on fire at the moment, scored the other.

14. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed the match due to... mostly to not having sox sucker sux.... Shame serg came off. Considering we did, as of a few days ago, have a back up... a fat back up. a fack up.

15. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Fox Soccer Plus. And don't believe it actually exists.

I listened to the game of BBC Radio Manchester. I quite like listening to sports on the radio. So it works out alright.

16. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I as well. I love how the announcers forced to describe everything that happens on the pitch, where as a television broadcast.. you get martin tyler talking about how leighton baines really likes rock n roll.