City sales now on

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Frankfurt Blue, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips is set to move to Madrid with Atletico and Real both lining up moves for the midfielder in January. (The Sun)

What is this? If he does go, it must only be down the the way the club is being run, ie. poorly financially, and nothing else. Should be holding onto players like this. He is one of the few players who have actually tried for the club. What a load of crap.
    This, if it does happen, will surely mean that the majority of fans will want KK, Wardle, et al out.

Please come back Mr Bernstein!!!

:(

2. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    He was subject to abuse at the Bernebau last night, so highly doubtful he will go.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Liverpool are going to make an official bid for Manchester City striker Nicholas Anelka in the New Year. The player is likely to cost £8m. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Would rather he left than SWP.

4. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Newcastle are set to launch an £8m bid for Manchester City's star midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips (News of the World).

Barcelona want to sign a new striker in the New Year and will target Manchester City hitman Nicolas Anelka (Daily Express).

Need to keep Sweep, but Anelka can go, as long as he goes for a decent amount. He is selfish and not much of a team player for City. Many now prefer Macken and Fowler up front.

5. natewhd

natewhd New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    VA
    I normally agree with you, but you've lost it on this one. Anelka is the best finisher we have. Fowler has lost it, Macken never had it. Not sure where you're coming from.

6. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Really? Maybe you should talk to other City fans that go to the games. He may be a great player, but more for himself, not the team. Funny how City have been playing better with Macken and Fowler up front recently.

7. kingkev

kingkev New Member

Dec 30, 2003
    South Carolina
    Me either. I talk to city fans who go to the games and they don't give me that impression.

8. natewhd

natewhd New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    VA
    Macken has been playing better as of late, and Fowler was a least fit for the shirt against Portsmouth. The truth is that Anelka represents the best goal scoring threat on the team. The problem is that City will focus on defending and play long ball with Anelka, or SWP solo runs without much support. I think City have played better late because the whole team is getting into the offense with Anelka being absent. (ask Bosvelt) You cant honestly say that R Fowler represents more of a threat for opposing teams, and strategies than Anelka.

9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    :rolleyes:
    Bye bye Nic!

Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka could be on his way to Barcelona after criticising the club. (Daily Mail)

Just hope the club gets a very good fee for him. This should lessen the debts significantly and boost 'team' morale.

10. chuckinca

chuckinca Member

Feb 17, 2003
    San Jose Bay Area
    Sounds like City will be fat city - take the money and buy some attacking players.

Johnson from CP would be a good start.

11. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Here's the latest news, allegedly:
    Manchester City will be open to offers for striker Nicolas Anelka. But boss Kevin Keegan will only agree to a sale if he gets the proceeds to sign a replacement. (Daily Express)

Keegan wants more money to waste, and there was I thinking the money would be used to reduce the debt.
    He let Elliott go, the fool. He can't be trusted with money and only plays youth, as he has no options left.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Newcastle boss Graeme Souness is keen on Manchester City defender Richard Dunne (Daily Mirror).

Where the hell did this come from? Unless he is 'keen' on him in another sense. :eek:

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Newcastle are now reportedly after Distin and Barcelona to beat Liverpool to Anelka. Distin is one of the key players, and can't really afford to let him go. And for GBP5million???!! :confused:
    Ah, well, we still have Sommeil to fall back on. :(

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I know what you are saying. I am a big fan of Sun Jihai and if everyone else leaves, city will get relagated next year and Sun Jihai will have to play in the English Champions league. It's sucks, I know.

15. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Man City have received a £5m offer from Newcastle for defender Sylvain Distin. (The Mirror)

So, looks like a move for the captain and one of the better performers this season. just hope this doesn't happen. :(

16. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    And there's more:
    Newcastle will make a dramatic new bid for Manchester City skipper Sylvain Distin this week - as chairman Freddy Shepherd flexes his financial muscle. (Daily Mirror)

Graeme Souness has his sights set on Manchester City centre-half Sylvain Distin - a former Newcastle player - and Fulham striker Luis Boa Morte. (The Sun)

Let's what see what Mr Perm Head does with this, before he walks out on us.

17. Sparta

Sparta New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Mr. Perm-Head? Keegan? If anything, he's fighting the board on sales. He's not going to sabotage the season by selling off the team.

18. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Keegan's clueless. And yes, he is well known for once sporting a bubble perm, hence my remark. The sooner he is far and away from my native city, the better. :mad:

19. Sparta

Sparta New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    I guess, but better him than Pearce. I still don't think anyone's going anywhere, exc maybe Anelka, but he **********ing should...

20. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Latest gossip is that Souness is after Yakubu now. So, would seem Distin is staying, if there is any truth in this. Anelka can still go.
    Pearce has very little experience, except for a short stint as player-manager at Forest, I seem to recall. Thought he was after the Forest seat anyway, inspite of the rumours of him succeeding Keegan.

21. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    Don't worry about SWP leaving, because the only teams that can afford him(Juventus, Real and Atelitico Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, B Munchen, ) don't need a midfielder of his talents. Let Anelka go.

22. Sparta

Sparta New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Keegan is saying that Liverpool haven't tabled a bid yet, so we'll see. Newcastle need a striker, and Barca were interested at one point. Or maybe PSG would buy him back, they're in the market for a forward too.

23. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4153955.stm

Manchester City manager Kevin Keegan has admitted he is now ready to sell unhappy striker Nicolas Anelka.
    The 25-year-old star refused to take a fitness test on a back injury before the 1-1 draw at Arsenal.
    Keegan said: "I don't think there is any doubt that if anyone comes in with a really serious bid for Nicolas we would sell him."
    Fenerbahce and Liverpool have been linked, and Keegan said: "I'd use the money to strengthen the team."
    The Turks are believed to be ready to pay £7m for Anelka, although Liverpool's interest depends on whether they can land top target Fernando Morientes from Real Madrid.
    Anelka spent five months on loan at Liverpool at the end of the 2001-02 season before completing a £13m move to City from Paris St Germain.
    Keegan, who confirmed Anelka would also miss the FA Cup third round tie at Oldham, said: "Everybody knows we still have £5m to pay on Nicolas, so you would have to add quite a bit more on to that figure for us to sell.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just in case anyone missed this. ;)

24. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    um.... Man Untd coulduse a midfielder. They haven't had anyone of SWP's callober since Beckham's departure

25. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The only question is are they going to use the money to buy good players or just to pay off their stupid debt.

if we lose Anelka and SWP, look for relegation. We can't rely only on Fowler for scoring.