Churchill...and how to view this weekend

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Viking64, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    The way the standings are, I'd say this.

If both LA and San Jose lose this weekend, the Burn fiasco of last night becomes moot. Both teams getting draws keeps things interesting. I'll stop there.

Churchill said that to defeat Hitler, he'd eat dinner with the Devil, though he'd use a very long fork.

Can I be as wise as he?

Rooting for the Crew is easy by comparison to the issue of the other team. Despite this advice, will rooting for Chicagoon taint me? Will I be forever stained by this unfortunate turn of fate?

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Fire.

3. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    You would think that the extra support would be worth something.

A forking man advantage for most of the game, they still cannot close the deal. Can't even count on the Fire to win at home to save their own skins. They hit post about 4 times, and still lost.

Not tied, lost. Cripes. I guess it's better this way, now I don't have to owe them anything.

If you look at it, they might not even make the playoffs. NE might catch them. NE doesn't even have to win in Dallas to do it, the way goon is going.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, they only had a man advantage for about 10-15 minutes, since Dema got sent off on a second booking for diving early in the second half. And yes, it was a dive. Absolutely no contact from Hartman.

But still, they coughed up their lead pretty nicely in the last 15 minutes.

5. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It was less then that, Ezra got sent off in injury time in the first (48+), and dema got his in the 51'st minute, so 6 minutes officially, about 8 minutes actually.

6. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    sorry for the error.

Fire still suck. Galaxy defense having a terrible game, and they could not close the deal. Pathetic.