Christy Clark from a Caps fan perspective

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by TheCopperSheik, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I am wondering, from the perspective of a Whitecaps fan, what you think of our premier Christy Clark.

2. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    This is a football site. So let's keep this banter to Soccer/Politics. not Socio/Economic other crap Politics.

If you want to discuss BC Politics I'm sure there's a site for that. We have enough poisonous banter here without spewing politics now that religion has been twisted into another thread.

I think that the BC Liberals are both a blessing and a curse to VWFC. They should have/could have lobbied a lot harder to the parties involved re: Whitecaps Waterfront Stadium

That being said the BC Liberals also blessed PAVCO to spend a lot of cash to make the White Elephant Mashmellow into a nice new park providing the city with an excellent multiuse large capacity venue with loads of flexibility for what types of events can be held there as well as provide an anchor for the Leos and Caps.

I fear that a potential NDP Govt (Should history repeat itself) chase some larger business out of BC leaving corporate sponsorships potentially thin for the likes of the Caps.

I don't think the BC Conservative Party have proven quite what they are yet.

So that being said, Clark is a new leader who has had major struggles both that are self induced and inherited from prior leadership... I like that she is a relater, she always tries to connect to a crowd and she likes to take pride in our provincial sporting teams.

The one thing that has happened during the BC Liberals leadership tenure in BC (not that it's anything more than a coincidence and the cyclical nature of sport) is that the Lions, Nucks, and Caps have enjoyed a great deal of success and strong ownership and leadership with a few titles between the Caps and Leos and the Nucks having the best years as a franchise.

My $0.02 worth.

3. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One incident sums up Christy Clark from just about every perspective--WC, political, social, whatever--for me. When YP Lee first arrived, there was a big autograph session at the HMart on North Road. Everybody and their dog came down to meet YP, many of them Korean Canadians--little surprise since the event was at HMart--great moment for everyone in Vancouver, but understandably especially so for the Korean community. Christy Clark shows up (?) wearing a WC jersey, WITH HER OWN NAME ON THE BACK, and proceeds to plant herself at the autograph table next to YP Lee, and commences SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS along with Lee. I think there's a video documenting it all on the WC site.

So many things wrong on so many levels, but all of it underlines the fact that she's an empty-headed publicity-hound who hasn't got a clue how to run a political party, never mind a province. Embarassing. Not as bad, granted as our previous premiere who got so hammered he drove down the middle of the road in Hawaii, this after he's not short of cab fare. Out of pure luck the road was deserted that night, and he didn't kill anyone. These are the people the Libs elect to make decisions for their party, and then we elect the bunch of them to make decisions for us.

Keep the politicians out of sports in this province. Everything else they touch turns to crap. We've got John Furlong at the head of the WC organization--in John I trust.

4. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    That story from the YPL signing is really horrible. Too bad it didn't get any play in the local media because it really sums up Christy perfectly, doesn't it.