Christmas: An Imminent Threat?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Soccernova78, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    Air America host Sam Seder takes a tongue-in cheek approach to the "War on Christmas":

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right, and lets not forget all the hundreds of thousands of people that Santa Claus ordered murdered and raped. The ones that his own son Udai Claus in particular was responsible for murdering and raping. Lets not forget all the elves that they threw out of tall buildings and those they put through meat grinders, and submitted to assorted tortures. And the chemical attacks against some of his own reindeer, as well as against some of his North Pole neighbors.

Yes, maybe this idiot is right. War on Christmas might be morally justified.

:D

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anti-Semite.

. .. And that's all the time we have today for Non Sequitor Theatre, thanks for joining us. . .

4. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christmas should be a day for solemnly observing the fictionalization of an otherwise routine birth of some black guy in the middle east a couple millenia ago who was put to death because he was frigging nuts. Anything else is an assault on my way of life.

5. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Man, I wish I had a victim complex.

Is anyone actually attacking CHRISTMAS? ughhhhh

6. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Yes. I am.

As a far-left moonbat, I feel it my duty to attack everything that is quintessentially American, and I can't think of anything more American than Christmas.

I've been running around Essex County all day tearing down the lights and figurines on people's houses (especially those god-awful 6' snowglobes), taking a flame-thrower to all the snow, and knocking down Christmas trees in every mall I see. Any store that submitted to the threats of boycotts I've been picketting, and I've sent out a web-petition for folks not to spend a dime this Christmas season, not at least until they once and for all take the Christ out of Christmas.

But it's not just me. Lefty Moonbats everywhere have been doing the same thing. Christmas really is under attack. Those of you who don't think so simply have your heads in the sand.

Happy ********ing Holidays.

7. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm giving out the gift of AIDS, Merry Christmas

8. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Enjoy

(Goodness... I really hoped this was just urban legend)

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Everytime someone says "happy holidays," God Kills a Kitten! You realize this, don't you?

10. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I will.

F Christmas, and Bill O'Reilly too.

There, I said it.

11. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Is Air America still on the air?

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, they're still in Los Angeles, at least when the LA Clippers aren't playing.

13. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Americans invented Christmas! :p

14. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

Yes, and doing pretty well. They are getting more stations by the week. In Western NC, they are even doing better than our local wingnut station.

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Colbert had a great riff on getting back to the origin of christmas last night - kids get dried fruits in their wooden shoes. If they are bad, kids get abducted by the nasty black elf. Who takes them to Spain. And that's where Santa lives.

16. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    According to the ACLU, it is.

17. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
  18. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And how many of those stations take the whole programming slate?

19. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Dunno.

20. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

I'm with you. The only use I have for THE HOLIDAYS (yes, I'm trying to destory america) is to get sloshed with the few members of the family I can tolerate.

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This is a total and complete lie. If someone was really attacking Christmas, they would be the first in line to help your sorry ass.

22. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

That Beerking guy hasn't ever posted anything that was even competent enough to be trolling.

23. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm attacking Christmas too. But I am doing it in the Urban Guerilla method. That means destroying Christmas by supporting the most extreme version of it. The best example of this is in San Jose itself. There is a city sponsored Christmas display which includes a crèche scene. But it is mixed right in with animatronic teddy bears and elves filling toy filled trains. There was once a push to remove it, but it didn't last long. By keeping the thing there, they get what they want - and it ends up being just another myth mixed in with other myths. That makes me happy.

24. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Iran invented Christmas just so that they could also invent attacking Christmas.

I am also doing my part to attack Christmas by replacing the baby Jesuses in public creches with Pokemons. Gotta replace 'em all!

25. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jon Stewart and TDS had a pretty funny bit on O'Reilly's jihad [again] last night.