Christians vote for who?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by miarox, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why does Bush like to execute people? Isn't the death penalty as much of a sin as abortion acording to the christians?

I'm gonna give you a little heads up. If Bush was president for 100 years, abortion would still be legal. He's has both houses of congress and a SCOTUS of his own party for all 4 years and has done nothing to further your cause. He is using you and your sympathies.

2. miarox

miarox New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    in a different category than what? Baptists? You think it is not in Christianity? That's absurd. THere are basically two diff categories in Christianity: Protestants and Catholics. They are still Christians. But, Kerry wants to kill babies, and he is a Catholic? whatever, doesnt make sense to me

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    In my country, we have this thing called separation of church and state. Look into it.

The President's responsibility is to uphold the constitution, even if it means putting his religious beliefs aside. Kerry is against abortions, but he's also against imposing Catholic doctrine on the rest of the nation.

Welcome to constitutional democracy.

4. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    unfortunately the man who is hopefully going to be voted out of office today doesnt seem to understand this.

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are also Mormons and Orthodox (Greek and Russian) - who claim not to be Protestants or Catholics. I've never read reports of Kerry killing babies or suggesting that others kill babies. I don't recall any politician (other than Segroves ;)) recommending the killing of babies.

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Unless you're insisting on the spelling "Usama," I find this completely baffling.

I can't prove he's alive, but he's a hell of a lot more alive than he was two weeks ago. I can't prove he's healthy, either, but he didn't have no bulge in his back. And he ain't not been brought to no justice.

I'd say OBL falls in the wellness scale somewhere between Tupac Shakur and Schroedinger's Cat, at least.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, in how their ministers get paid.

8. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ***Semi-mock response***

I am a Roman Catholic and I voted for Kerry.

I refuse to vote for a "Christian Fundamentalist" who believes in divorce.

Why couldn't the Crusader army of the Vatican do to Christian Fundamentalists what they did to the people of Jerusalem when the Crusaders "liberated" it 1000 years ago?

I say release the Jesuits and let them do their handiwork and re-indoctrinate those who folllow the false vision!

:p

Innocent III lacked balls!!!
    Inquisition 2004

9. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Actually, this is true. This baby was crying during one of his speeches - I think it was in Coralville, might have been Cedar Rapids - and John Kerry up and killed the hell out of her. We all applauded. Guy still has it.

At least, I think it was a her. I thought I saw Kerry spit out a bit of pink blanket, but I was way towards the back, so I can't be sure.

I was standing next to Mia Hamm - I seriously thought she would piss herself, she was laughing so hard. She was all like, "Encore! Encore!" And the mother was all, "What? I didn't have TWINS!" She was a good sport.

10. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christians vote for who?

Asfinktersez what?

11. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Russian/Greek Orthodox do not believe in the Trinity (God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit). They believe that God and Jesus are from the same "matter."

Ideally, that's what we want, but you know them religious types, complain that some Godless person tells them what to do, then they go and tell someone else what to do.

12. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Re: ***Semi-mock response***

but who does believe in gay marriages?

13. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't think I'd laugh at all today, then you turn around and make me laugh harder than I have in two weeks.

Any Christian who chooses Bush hates Christ; more specifically, they hate Christ's clear Message. They may LOVE the dogma that sprung up well after Christ's death, but a vote for Bush is a vote for hating Christ and Christ's Message.

A Vote for Kerry, OTOH, is a vote for ignoring Christ/Message. Difference.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I've had it wrong all this time. I've been eating babies, not killing them. No wonder the lady at the grocery store gave me a weird look when I asked for a good baby marinade recipe. Why didn't anyone tell me?

15. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    How come I can't write in Ralph Reed or that Espiscopalian gay bishop in this poll? Boooooooooo!

P.S. - A vote for John Calvin (JC ... a coincedence ... i think not) is a vote for systematic theology.

JC/JC 2004.

16. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Neither.
    Next.

17. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ahem. Post titled ***Semi-mock response*** Hello, McFly?!?!

***Genuine response***
    Honestly, I could care less if 2 f*gs marry (they'll most likely be miserable like most marriages in America). I'm more interested in watching 2 lesbos get married and me watching their consumation...and taping it. That's just me.

I'm baptized RC, but I've never taken it seriously. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, but his "PR agencies (the various leaders of the denominations of Christianity)" are all bloody gaping axewounds. Like I've said to others in the past, the only religious day on my calendar is when Boston College plays Notre Dame in football. Thankfully, He's answered my call 4 times in the past 4 years.

18. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

I have no problem with people being happy and married too. ;)