Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What ever happened to this Tuchel?

“Shape wise there was also a revolution. At the beginning of his tenure, Tuchel used his customary 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 shape. By the end of his tenure, Tuchel began to unleash his full array of tactical magic such as instructing Piszczek to drop deep to become the third centre-back thus enabling Dortmund to adopt a 3-2-5 or 3-2-4-1-shape in possession.”

He was one of the most exciting up and coming managers in German football.

usnroach and RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  2. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    This thread used to be at the top of the forum when he was warming the bench at Chelsea, lol

Winoman repped this.
  3. Roblar

Roblar Member+

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    :thumbsdown: potential trumps play. :thumbsup:

superdave repped this.
  4. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Drama = attention

DCU1984 repped this.
  5. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played well against the Atalanta bunker. One bad turnover that didn't cost his team.

One difficult chance that required 2 perfect touches but he only managed one.

Not much to be angry or excited about.

nbarbour repped this.
  6. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He was not happy coming off. Can't blame him since the team immediately became less likely to score the winner at that point. As a a USMNT fan, I am cool with the sub.

nbarbour repped this.
  7. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    I think he was also probably still pissed that he missed that chance. That would have been a hell of a goal and the winner.

NorcalHockeyhooligan repped this.
  8. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only saw the second half but I liked what I saw, even if it was a bit frustrating not to have him/them finish a few of those tasty chances t/he/y had. It seems like he's picked up a few more tricks and habits in Italy. His defensive pressure was excellent. He made some very effective runs -- one overlap with RLC which pulled a defense a bit toward his streaking side of the box and away from RLC's run. RLC then uncorked one but it was blocked.

He looked pretty active in both directions and yeah, I'd be annoyed too. The team looked better when he was on and around the ball more.

RunthePoint repped this.
  9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I thought the cross that almost found Giroud's head was his most dangerous moment. He just seems to know where that guy's gonna pop up. RL-C had probably the best chance off a center from Leao at the top of the box. Leao was like a Harlem Globetrotter out there by the end, showing off moves galore but getting nowhere near the goal. His opening goal was museum quality however. Just stunning.

nbarbour and Zinkoff repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He needs to step up in some big games to really assert himself in this squad.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    He has stepped up in many big games. He has several game-winning goals for this team. People have some really short memories.

13. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, 4 of his 7 goals have been the match-winner this season, and he also provided the assist on one match-winner.

Milan, generally, needs to step up more in big games. I don't think it's a Pulisic-specific problem.

RunthePoint, McKenniesWeah, russ and 8 others repped this.
  14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    You're talking about Leao, right?

adi21 and HScoach13 repped this.
  15. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he is on track to 20+ goal contributions this season. Want him to start selling beer in the stands?

adi21 and ChicagoVT repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    SempreMilan before the Atalanta game ...

"The signing of Christian Pulisic has been praised by many as Milan paid a mere €20m for his services (plus bonuses). So far, he has eight goals and seven assists to his name in all competitions, now considered the undisputed starter on the right flank.

During his pre-Atalanta press conference, Pioli was asked about what Chukwueze needs to do in order to compete with the American. The manager’s response was clear and perhaps even a bit harsh, sending a clear message to the Nigerian.

“They have the same characteristics. Pulisic scores goals, assists and works. Chukwueze must score goals, assists and work,” Pioli stated.

17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    First league goal since September. Hard to believe.
    Pulis been far superior!

russ and adi21 repped this.
  18. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Lou's point is more "it would be nice if CP were The Guy on this Milan team". Undoubtedly That Guy is Leao and CP will never be Leao -- he doesn't have the personality, nor physicality for the role. The squad clearly defers to Leao. His usage rate is high, he gets the perk of being stationed in front of another stud in Hernandez (and in CP's better position no less), he takes free kicks, etc etc.

CP has had a great first season in Italy and with Milan, obviously. And if or when Leao goes, CP'll play an even bigger role. He needs to keep working hard (note: that's included in the remit of his position by his coach) and stay healthy. The rest will take care of itself.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I personally believe CP is much better with a wild-card like Leao on the team. The difference in style, but similarity in danger (despite Leao's scoring drought) means CP gets more space on the right touch than he might otherwise. The two dangerous, fast wingers spread teams pretty wide, or leaves space for one of them. If Milan's D were more organized and effective, this could be a very good team. Too bad Giroud is as old as he is, tho he seems to be holding up ok. This move has been very good for CP.

usnroach, Sufjan Guzan, russ and 5 others repped this.
  20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I guess I meant against big teams like Inter or Juventus. If he scores a brace against Inter in a derby, that's HUGE!

I mean he's done really well but he needs bug scalps to add to his legacy.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hercules beetle? Scorpion fly? Black widow?

Gorky, russ, adi21 and 3 others repped this.
  22. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    Ahem. Spiders are not bugs. Technically, neither are beetles or scorpion flies because they don't have piercing/sucking mouth parts. This pedantic correction courtesy of my entomologist daughter, who has instructed me in the mysteries of Hemiptera.

Now if Pulisic was collecting cicada, water strider, or aphid scalps...

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Buzz off kid, you're bugging me.

LouisianaViking07/09 and russ repped this.
  24. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we're just scratching the surface here...

LouisianaViking07/09 and freisland repped this.
  25. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    scoring against Real Madrid in the CL wasn't enough? Now you need bugs?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.