Christian Miles/Fox Football Friday

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Brewster, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Brewster

Brewster Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Pasadena,Ca
    Is that poser really a Liverpool fan? I couldn't believe seeing him subing on FFF and wearing a Liverpool jersey. I'm ashamed now to be a LFC fan knowing that that loser might be a fan and had the gall to wear the Red on TV. Any others feel the same way? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. The_Sandman

The_Sandman New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    You must have tuned in late. Earlier, he had a pillow under it, as well as fake goatee and glasses so he could imitate Nick. So I don't think he's a Liverpool fan. His performance was a disaster, and it was not surprisingly the worst FFF ever. He called Arsenal v Aston Villa "a Midlands derby." And what was with all the lame attempts at comedy? I thought I was watching Fox Soccer USA for a moment.

3. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I watch the show but I dont like it. I just wanna rip that dumb shirt off of Steven everytime he wears it. They really hate the Arsenal on that show.

4. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    You have to be careful in situations like that.. While it may be that he wrote what he was reading off the prompter, it could very well also be that he didn't.. It could have been the mistake of one of their producer/writers for all we know.. ;)

5. Brewster

Brewster Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Pasadena,Ca
    Yes, I did turn in late, (thanks for verifying) but it still doesn't make Miles any less a poser than he really is.

6. EuroChamp05

EuroChamp05 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Well, I'm a fan of the show - and think Nick & Steven are really funny at times. There was just no chemistry last night. Still, I feel the Nick impersonation was sort of funny.

7. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    Miles is absolutely unbearable and I say this as one of the few people who doesn't mind Max Bretos. I have heard this man make more gaffes than I care to remember. He might be a perfectly nice guy but he makes Fox and in turn soccer look amateurish.

8. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I watch the show but I hate Stevens shirts and how biased the show is twoards chelsea theres always chelsea fans in the backround and always chelsea first and always chelseas goals of the week. who the fvck cares what his "team of the week" is because its basically the same lineup as chelsea with gerrard and of course no rooney.

9. The_Sandman

The_Sandman New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Are you upset because the title race is just about over? Relax, look at my team's situation. We're currently twice as far from them as you. :)

See your punk asses on Tuesday anyway :p

10. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    haha yeah i had to vent a little. I wish there was a Man Utd supporter rather then to rivals but its good to hear the other side once in a while lol

11. Roach

Roach Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually enjoy FFF (it helps to be a Chelsea fan) but the Miles show was crap. Seriously, my dog has more personality than he does.

12. The_Sandman

The_Sandman New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    I knew the show would be crap before he even opened his mouth as cohost. This guy is awful, just awful. FSC would be a dramatically better channel without his pathetic presence. He has embarrassed me as an American fan.

13. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I agree, he really represents the dumb football fans we should take the show over...

14. The_Sandman

The_Sandman New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    I don't know much football, since I'm a relatively new fan (since 1999). However, I at least know that a goal which puts a team ahead 3-1 is not considered "a game winner." This is a mistake made by Miles quite recently, and I assure you it won't be his last!

15. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show is open to the public, and I bet they'll accept fans of any team.

16. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    well im sure they accept fans, but they dont talk about them or i just think its funny that like they have a chelsea fan as a host, then a chelsea fan behind him lol

17. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    I found Christian Miles really funy mimiking Nick Geber, i laughed in most of that show, did you ?

18. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    Probably Chelsea pays some money to the show as part of it's promotion in the US. By the way Chelsea's promotional manager was on the show couple weeks ago.

19. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    yeah and I saw a neighbor of mine wearing a chelsea jersey yesterday, maybe there planning something lol

20. gazza

gazza Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I watch the show most weeks and enjoy it. I also listen to the radio show Nick and Steven have. Miles was fine, Bretos was a little better and I usually don't like either of them. Nick and Steven being biased is just part of the show, it's more of a fan show than a football show. Thats fine by me because if it were like all these NFL shows it would be awful, no one wants to say anything to upset teams, players or coaches (see Steve Young and Phil Simms). At least they have opinions, biased or not. ;)

21. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    thats true, im glad theres a football show i can watch first off
    does anyone here call into the show?

22. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I like the show too. I cant stand Miles, and actually dont mind Bretos (probably the only one in BigSoccer who says that..)

But was it me, or did Bretos look stoned out of his mind when he was on it?

23. gazza

gazza Member

Dec 15, 2004

It must have been the Iron Maiden shirt he had on. Took me back to my stoner days of high school. ;)

24. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Steven is an idiot too, he said that his favorite mls team was chivas usa and that they have the best fans in mls. wtf man!

25. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen the show but I saw the Chivas game in which they were giving away the lucha masks and Miles and Rongen put the masks on and were fake wrestling. That was incredibly stupid............one time for the promotion is OK but they had them on the whole show. there was also one time that Rongen was making a point and being critical instead of a homer and Miles tried to cut him off. That guy is useless as an announcer. He'd make a better WB dating show MC.