Christian Benitez - Part 3 - 2013 Middle East Adventures

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    A new thread for a new chapter in Chucho's career. I don't expect much traffic here.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is in response to Argentine Futbol from a post in the previous Chucho Benitez thread.

"Totally Wrong and another excuse. How much was he making? 2 million a year at America? Add what he made at santos and birmingham and he easily has 10 million in a bank. Shit, i could live off 3% of that easily, and so can anyone in ECUADOR. The point being that noone was willing to spend 25 million on a hacked player and a low percentage goal scorer. FACT: If he ripped the argentine or brazilian league three years in a row. He would be worth 40 million and he'd had to beat off the european clubs. He chose Money. LMAO" - Argentine Futbol

Do you have reading comprehension issues. Had you put in minimal effort when you read my post you would have read that I indeed state Benitez CHOSE MONEY over everything else. Not once but twice. I also pointed out that no European team chose to meet the price on his head. Had they been willing then we would have seen him choose Europe over Qatar. Benitez isn't the first and won't be the last player to choose money over everything else. It's their life and they make their own decisions. Who the ******** cares. Fans can criticize all they want, when it's all said and done they will not care for the player and his family when he's 50 years old, with bad knees and little if any marketable skills they can offer employers outside of a soccer pitch. Again I'm not defending his decision, if it were up to me he would be playing in Germany or the EPL but he's not so criticizing him at this point is pointless.

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sure he chose money, Like he had tons of options and were beating the clubs away.:rolleyes: I just love making fun of all those people who think the Mexican league is all that. Ripped that league to screds and he ends up in Qatar? LOL.. Chucho was transfers for 15 millions dollars which means he made 1.5 million on the transfer. I wonder what the salary is going to be?

Retirement League:

The Qatar league is currently home to a number of other names who will be known to wider audiences. Former Real Madrid attacker Raúl scored nine goals while helping Al Sadd to the league title. Former Villarreal forward Nilmar was the league’s second leading goal scorer, recording 14 goals for Al Rayyan, while former Campeonato standout posted nine goals for Al Gharafa.
    Former Bolton Wanderer Andranik Teymourian, former Marseille attacker Bakari Kone, PSG exile Nene, former Spartak Moscow star Alex, and Algerian defenders Mahjid Bougherra and Nadir Belhadj also play in the league.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It came down to staying in Mexico or going to the Middle East. No point in arguing that he should have chose Europe. Nobody was willing to meet the price on his head so no point in saying he should have gone to Europe. If the price was right (his transfer significantly < 15m) I'm sure he would have had more offers but teams weren't willing to meet that price. It came down to staying at America or going to Qatar. Mexico is a more competitive league and he would have been closer to the NT. He would have made less money but from a footballing standpoint he would have been better off. Rumors are he's going to make 3m+ in Qatar.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Hey guys I closed the last thread and opened this one so we can get back on topic. Let's keep it to a discussion of Chucho, good, bad, whatever....no going off topic about what countries are better than others, and no trolling.

6. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    RIP Chucho
    Esto es un dia muy triste

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Una verdadera pena, gran jugador, Chucho. Que descanse en paz.