Chris Turner to Sheff Wed

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by iansfavouritecopilot, Nov 7, 2002.

1. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    I for one am very dissapointed to see Chris leave The Vic, and wish him all the best at Wednesday.

Any Sheff Wed fans on here?

What was he like as a Goalkeeper?

*Ian*

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I am as well, as my dad is from there, and I like them for some reason. Never mind, Hartlepool can get their own back next season ;).

3. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    Your Dad is from Hartlepool? Me too (currently)

Its terrible. never come here.

I dont blame Chris for going, really.

Its totally cold.....like, all the time.

I think we'll still go up though, even if its just so we can come right back down again.

4. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    It's an improvement believe me. Hartlepool was re-elected into the league a record 13 times (the process the bottom team went through before the Nationwide conference, and other pyramid leagues were set up).

Go go monkey hangers !!.

P.S. Hartlepool's mayor is the club mascot, H'Angus the monkey.

5. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't H'Angus the Monkey get elected mayor of Hartlepool?

6. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    H'Angus did get elected major, a very good friend of mine Stuart Drummond. He lives about 5 minutes from here and I used to serve him in the pub I worked at.

I also ruined his mums coffee table, but we wont go into that.

Less of the MonkeyHangers thing! hehee

When we went up to Division 2 last, does anyone know the record we broke?

I think it was something like 21 games without a goal. Might not be 21, something in my brain tells me it might have been 14, but still, we sucked.

7. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its definatly sad to see Chris go..but no hard feelings he's done a great job and left the club in great stead for the future (reserves and youth teams are in the top two in their respective leagues)...I hope they give Colin West a chance to take over...good luck to Chris he'll need it with Wednesday this year, but, it must be dream to manage the team you've supported!!..

Ian you are right Pools did have that amazing record last time in Div 2, but, I was just glad to be there..next time it will be better as we're more equiped...and Hartlepool does have the record fro re-election appearences (its actually 14), but in that time they were only really in danger a couple of times and only finished bottom a couple of times...oh you Man Utd supporters you have it really hard watching you're team lose occasionally!!

-Richard

8. GreatQuality

GreatQuality New Member

Mar 12, 2001
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... and Wednesday are still without a win under his management. I'm afraid it's division 2 next season. I can't see how he is going to turn it round with the current players he now has in the squad. It's gonna take a miracle.

9. basso001

basso001 Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Bay Area, Calif.
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It'll still be really tough, but today may have been the first step.
    Two goals and a win, each for the first time since October. Still bottom but Stoke on Saturday is a chance to get free of the last spot.