Chris Richards

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Marcus OMalley, May 4, 2020.

?

Should Chris Richards try to get out of Bayern?

1. No, he should make a go of it since they want him

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, to continue developing he needs to move on

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Yes, there's no way he makes it at Bayern he should move on

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Marcus OMalley

Newcastle, Louisville City
    United States
    May 24, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Chris Richards breaks in at Bayern or should he make a move?

I had the incredible pleasure of interviewing Chris Richards this past weekend. He had so many incredible quotes, but here are two of my favorites:

“... the U20 World Cup was a dream come true for me and my family as well. They were just really proud to see me wearing the colors and we were really proud with how we did.”

"..Mexico in the final & I was like oh this is perfect. This is where you show them who's going to be running CONCACAF for the next few years." That comment alone deserves a listen.

Hear the full interview here:
    https://chasingacup.com/chris-richards/

Patrick167, charlie kennan and Pegasus repped this.
  2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed this a lot. Funny hearing him talk about how you can't not play American football if you live in Alabama. I will add that when he was injured and his foot was in a boot I saw him at an FCD pre-season game rooting on his former team that he never played for. He's a good egg.

Stupid_American and Marcus OMalley repped this.
  3. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    like uly, i strongly believe his time will come at bayern. even if most outsiders think he ready now.

Marcus OMalley repped this.
  4. Marcus OMalley

Newcastle, Louisville City
    United States
    May 24, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, Bayern doesn't mess around. They're not looking to sell players the same way a Dortmund and others desire to be a development club. I think they really like him - I saw a lot of sources saying Arsenal, Chelsea & La Liga clubs were looking. I really believe he's a the real deal.

5. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    I don’t think he’s going to make it at Bayern, anytime soon, just due to numbers.

They have Sule, Hernandez and Pavard (assuming Dest or some other RB comes) at CB. They’re also rumored to be after Upemacano, and even Alaba has played as a CB a bunch with Davies’ break through. That’s a whole lotta bodies.

Would love to see him loaned or transferred out to a mid/low table Bund team to get that PT

largegarlic and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ideally a loan for richards the next season would be best. The best thing for his development is not training everyday with the first team, it is getting Bundesliga or other high level first division minutes.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does seem Bayern has sometimes sold a player to another Bundesliga team with a buy back feature. This might be ideal for Richards. Where would be a good spot for him as a relegation fodder team isn't ideal and probably alongside a more experienced player would help. Who plays with Brooks? Imagine them playing together for club and getting a real understanding!