Chris Richards at Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 3, 2018.

1. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they will loan him out soon? It is going to be tough to crack the top team... even with injury concerns.

2. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Probably more likely in the summer. They want to keep Bayern II in the 3.Liga

3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BostonRed repped this.
  4. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richards trained with the first team this week and speculation he could make the squad tomorrow.

5. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speculation was wrong. Alas.

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer. I want to see him w/ 1st team minutes.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    making 1st team squad doesn't= to getting mins and getting mins doesn't mean anything, tons of players get min but never breakthrough..And it was already announced yesterday that he wasn't making the squad anyways. If no one is injured or suspended he wouldn't be that close to the 1st team. Only 1 game to go and Hernandez is back from his injury during Winter break and Martinez back from his suspension for the last match.

anyways speaking of Richards played full 90 in a 3-1 loss to FCK. I don't like him at fullback. Doesn't provide much going forward and defensively, he leaves too much space behind him and a lot of times tends to jog back when he should be running. Doesn't seem to have the stamina/endurance for constant back and forth. And I know he's not a fullback, he's a cb, but he's barely played cb all season.

from today, the winning goal from the other club had Richards where he let Kuhlwetter be completely free from an empty side,not tracking the runner who then scored. The last goal an intended pass towards Richards on the final 3rd gets intercepted by Kuhlwetter who then with the stolen ball outruns Richards to get the assist. Of course the blame on both goals isn't only on Richards as others made mistakes leading up to them but he didn't make up for anyone's mistakes.

WheezingUSASupport and largegarlic repped this.
  8. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's certainly good that he's earning a spot at a position that's not even his best, but you'd really rather see him playing at CB here.

A CB can learn a lot by having to play on the outside, but still.

9. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Javi Martinez came off injured today

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad there is a 4 week break... perhaps he would have gotten a look.

11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ChicagoVT, justinkicks, Gacm32 and 6 others repped this.
  12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How Chris grown? It may be the angle of the pic but looks so much bigger than Lewy and that dude ain't tiny.

13. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    So if he keeps training with the first team over the break that likely means....a Julian Green BS episode?

taylor repped this.
  14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From the past game.

They end the up in 15th place going into the break. The have 35 goals for which is on the high end and 42 goals against which is also on the high end as well.

Next game is end of January.

First team hasn't released a traveling list for training. I'm sure he will go since he has already been training with the first team

autobus39 and Flipstar508 repped this.
  15. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I’m confident of a Festivus Miracle!

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #566 BostonRed, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm confused. Are you referring to Bayern? I had to look up the Bundesliga table to double check because I didn't think they were doing that poorly. It shows them in third and only four points behind. They'll probably pull the old sleeping dog routine they done the last few years and pass everyone in the second half of the season. Be great if Richards can get some minutes here or there as defense has had a lot of injuries and frankly loss of form.

1 - [​IMG] RB Leipzig
    17 37 11 4 2 48:20 +28

2 - [​IMG] Borussia Mönchengladbach
    17 35 11 2 4 33:18 +15

3 - [​IMG] FC Bayern München
    17 33 10 3 4 46:22 +24

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about Bayern II, which is the team Richards has been playing on this season

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, didn't think of that. Now do Bayern want to U20 North Americans on their back line?

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its always competitive breaking into Bayerns team. The club hasnt had a real graduate that stuck since Alaba. Brazzo has been looking into youth prospects so they will be open.

Boateng wants out and will be sold this January (depending on the offer) or in the summer (most likely). Pavard has mostly been used as RB as Kimmich has been playing in the middle. Martinez still fills in on the backline ans has been playing well but is will be 32 next year and is injury prone. Hernandez is younger and elite but has been injured the last several seasons. There is Sule who is a starter but currently injured and will return next season. I dont see alaba staying at CB long term.

So there will be some changes going forward. Mai is also a top prospect (19 yrs old) and is regarded highly with the club. It also seems like he is ahead of Richards for now.

Pegasus repped this.
  21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    They already have one don't they?.....

23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Get in the front of that pack young man

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  24. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in the same location. So is Ledezma. It's like a football summit. They might as well play w/ the U.S.' u-23's for a game, as an experiment, before they may be part of qualifying. Otherwise we're going in w/ one parachute and no backup.

25. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    I don't think there's a u-23 camp and the NT pulled out of Qatar for the camp for safety concerns given the Iran situation