Chris Matthews on Bush

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Nov 2, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
  2. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Because the people that imagine themselves as more educated couldn't beat him?

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it's because Katharine Harris and Jeb Bush led an effort to scrub tens of thousands of legal black voters from the rolls.

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Proof? And no, "Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky said so" doesn't constitute proof.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do I get if I provide the proof? Make it worth my time.

6. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Factual evidence that you are right instead of conjecture. I know you don't like Bush, but neither do I. Let's just keep things based in reality.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trevor...I'm just getting tired of looking up the same stuff over and over. Plus, I'm trying to get to the point that people trust me. I want Alex to make a sig bet or something. I'm not asking for money. I just want to humiliate him a lil' bit.

8. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

Humiliation. Ah, finally a topic you know a lot about.

9. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worst thing that Democrats can do is emphasize their belief that Bush is stupid. He's not that dumb, many of his political underlings are brilliant, and most of the country doesn't care. The man has a record as President -- just run against that record.

10. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, they tried that, to some extent, in the 2000 election and it didn't work, especially when you had a stiff like Al Gore running against him. Bush seemed all warm and fuzzy and down-to-earthy, regardless of the degrees and honors Gore held.

Most Americans don't seem to care that Bush isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. And although I don't believe Bush is a great leader, a high IQ doesn't necessarily mean that you are essentially a better leader than someone with a lower IQ. That said, I would love to have a smarter President who I felt was running the show. I'm not sure Bush is always running the show (and he's the guy that was elected) and I don't think we could say that about any other Presidents since Ford. With Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush and Clinton, you at least felt like the guy who was elected was the man in charge.

11. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Give me $30 for a premium membership and I'll make a sig bet with you.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about your "location." I get to name it for a month.

13. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Matthews oughta worry about the fact that the 200 or so students he spoke to is about as big as his nightly television audience.

14. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    With the exception of the weighlifting thread, Alex does that plenty. He's a smart kid who hasn't learned anything yet. Give him time. After twenty years in the service, his views will change.

15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    SD - 3 yrs. on and you can't get over it? Jeez - even hard-core Dems. moved on after a year or two. If you don't like Bush, fine. There's plenty of people that don't and I'm not his hugest fan either. But look forward for pete's sake.

16. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Fine: show me indisputable, cast-iron evidence--as in evidence that would provide an air-tight case in court, as in evidence that removes all reasonable doubt--that Katherine Harris and/or Jeb Bush led an effort designed to prevent legal, non-felon black US citizens from being able to vote and/or register to vote. Does a week from whenever you reply to accept the bet sound fair? Loser gets to choose the winner's "location" for a month, provided of course that it fits (also, not that it matters since Bush and Harris are innocent of hte things you're accusing them of, but I am legally prevented from publicly criticizing US military policy, personally criticizing George Bush or Donald Rumsfeld, or--since I know about your wishful thinking--saying that I am a homosexual, so when I win I'll give you a similar concession for Bill Clinton and his military policies and won't ask you to come out of the closet). Deal?