Chris Gloster at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by BostonRed, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100k seems like a pretty lowball offer....damn

2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not for a youth player with very limited first team appearances.

3. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    #129 Eighteen Alpha, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    For an elite prospect it is. Depends, I guess, on whether you consider him elite. I would think possibly the best LB at the WC could qualify him.

5. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diego Palacios would have something to say about that.

6. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Doesn’t take away the possibility that Gloster could be considered by some the best.

Winoman repped this.
  7. Nope. Elite players in the Netherlands with that age have already a season of first team play under their belt. He simply is just a youth player with potential from PSV pov.
    Just a reminder for comparison, when ManCity plucked Sandler from PEC Zwolle, he was replaced by 16 yo van den Berg. He's now on his way to Liverpool with far more first team matches and coached by Jaap Stam for 2 million!
    [​IMG]
    So it's not an outragious low offer by PSV.
    Plus being called the best of an Uxx tournement does mean shit.

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I made no comment concerning PSV’s point of view. Or even my own, now that I think of it. I simply said that 100k could be considered low for an elite prospect. I’d honestly prefer he stay at Hannover.

9. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. PSV isn't going to want to pay much because they're going to want an option to get out of the contract when he turns 20. Thats when the minimum salary in the Eredivisie jumps to €436,202 for non-EU citizens. I've heard PSV can option out of its deal with Ledezma after this season for the same reason (so Ledezma better stay healthy and play well this year. It's a MASSIVE year for him).

PSV isn't looking for a guaranteed long-term deal with Golster so it probably doesn't justify a big transfer fee. Gloster is showing promise at LB but he's by no means a slam-dunk to justify meeting the Eredivisie salary requirements.

10. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    It doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense from Gloster's point of view to go to PSV on what essentially is a 1 year deal.

Worst case scenario is he fails to impress at PSV, doesn't have his option picked up and then is out of contract at 20 with no first team experience after just being released by his club.

That's a bad spot to be in.

I think the stability of a long term deal would be better, even if it less salary per annum.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  11. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    On the other hand, because of the minimum this might be his best chance for a real payday. And if he gets opted out at 20, it's not like MLS won't be available, for much the same amount of money he's probably currently making.

A lot of our analysis tends to focus on "what's best for his long-term career" or "what's best for the national team." But these guys want to get paid - and now - just like the rest of us.

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #Glosterwants to leave #Bildloudly, coach Mirko Slomka said in a personal conversation last week. Internally, they have decided: Either there is real money or Gloster stays as a "cheap backup" and goes next summer without a replacement.

13. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's some shady stuff. Hope it comes back to bite them.

Tom Collingsworth, Gacm32 and freisland repped this.
  14. Fair enough!
    Think Hannover wants him to move to get some money before he can walk out of the door with no fee received.
    That tweet is showing talking tough, but in the end Hannover is relegated, needs money, has a player PSV wants and only one year left in his contract. So if they keep talking tough they lose the fee plus have another year of salary to pay.
    What are the odds they cave in, you think?
    By the way, it's not a bad thing to be in the Young PSV team. Obispo was the CD in there and got interest from several German clubs, but he decided to stay after PSV upped his contract. It would be a valuable year. High profile academy watched by top clubs development for a year. Very high payment for a rooky and the chance to prove himself to PSV he's worth the jump in money at his birthday.
    Guess H'96 and PSV will meet somewhere between the bid and the asking price, unless PSV snaps up someone else before that.

15. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    otoh does 100k really get you a backup left back? 500k maybe, but i guess i can understanad where hannover is coming from?

16. That's right, but H'96 are kind of shopkeeper with an article approaching the "sell by date" of 30th of June 2020.

It's a chicken game, who blinks first.

17. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. In this article H'96 boss plays hard ball, but Transfermarkt calls his demands rather over the top for a player that hasnot even seen H'96 first team minutes.
    Wanting a million for a player with a market value of 50000 is
    Für einen Spieler mit einem Marktwert von 50.000 Euro laut transfermarkt.de ein recht happiger Preis.
    For a player with a market value of 50,000 euros according to transfermarkt.de a pretty hefty price.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6402888-hannover-schlaudraff-legt-preis-fuer-chris-gloster-fest
    Use google translate.
    H'96 will blink.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Much as I hate PSV, it's a nice place to learn a wide-player game.

20. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna lie, this Chris Gloster transfer saga is kind of annoying. The big sagas don't usually bother me because I don't care about the player, but this has been like 2 weeks and it's exhausting.

21. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My dark hope would be that he stays. 1st player gets injured and he plays a perfect season with soto. That would be fun... Soto has a year left or two?

22. He seems to be outside the first team roster to begin with, hence the comments in Germany they want a hefty price for an unproven player. So if he stays, he's the back up for the back up.

23. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah but their 96 asking price (if ture) is absurd for a 3rd string back up with one year left, so it makes me think they plan on starting him. If not they make negotations with soto a lot harder as well...

24. Because of the fact PSV wants him, with or without that bail out clause mentioned by a poster, it signals they see an opportunity worth to invest the valuable staff time at the Young selection to get it out within a year. If Gloster makes this move he better be prepared for a high pressure cooker development track as that's the aim of PSV to see if he's worth the jump in pay automatically coming on his birthday. So Gloster must be like a sponge coming out of the desert into a river, soak, soak, soak.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  25. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    I think ablosefrei should be translated as a free transfer.