Chris Gloster at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by BostonRed, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Because of his wages I would expect he gets a shot at the first team sooner rather than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if his contract is 2-3 years max. I think he either breaks through fairly quickly or PSV let him go. It's a lot of money for an unproven player.

2. Uhm, they have Gutierrez, a Mexican international, bought for millions and well over a million a year in wages, on the bench as a 17 and a 19 yo youngsters from Young PSV took their chances. So no, that isnot a problem.
    The only place you prove you're the one is on the pitch, not by the salary you receive.

3. Well, the last couple of seasons the big league clubs are buying our Eredivisie defenders big time, even from low flying clubs, so that's not a fixed situation.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my post has nothing to do with outside leagues buying. I'm talking about players breakingthrough Ajax or PSV 1st team is not simple.

5. It''s not simple, but hey it's the top, but if you're good you will.
    Look at de Ligt, debuted at 17, Mazraoui at 19, Ekkelenkamp even debuted in a CL match at 17 .
    PSV the same. Mohammed Amine Ihattaren debuted at 17, Michal Sadílek at 19, Donyell Malen at 19, Cody Gakpo at 19.

Different from signing with the superclubs with no chance at all to play, the Dutch top clubs give you a shot when you deserve so.

And the buying by outside league clubs mean a spot you can challenge for could be very fast in reach.

6. If they sign you, they think you're good. It's up to you to prove them right.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and to beat out the competition as well.:p

8. Yeah:ROFLMAO:
    They're gonna kick the crap out of any competitor for a spot when possible. Think it's more dangerous on the training pitch than in a match.;)

Ger90 repped this.
  9. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
  10. Take a good look EPB wannabees how to manage your career.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean understudy isn't a guarantee of anything. All it takes is someone from their lower youth levels to come up or for them to be lured by another LB from another club and everything changes. In the end it's all about the coach.......who aren't permanent.

12. PSV is transferring three defenders from the Young PSV team to the selection going into summer preps to prove themselves:
    Mark van Bommel heeft voorlopig drie verdedigers overgeheveld vanuit Jong PSV naar het eerste elftal van de club. Steven Theunissen, Justin de Haas en Maxime Soulas gaan mee naar het Zwitserse Verbier en mogen zich tijdens het trainingskamp van de club bewijzen bij de A-selectie.

Mark van Bommel has for the time being transferred three defenders from Jong PSV to the first team of the club. Steven Theunissen, Justin de Haas and Maxime Soulas go to the Swiss Verbier and can prove themselves at the A-selection during the training camp of the club.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tom Collingsworth and TheFalseNine repped this.
  14. The PSV watcher, who's very well informed about what PSV is (going) to do, Rik Elfrink tells PSV is after him. If he says that, it's not a rumour but a fact. Afaik, he's being fed that kind of info by PSV themselves. Doesnot mean PSV will get him though, but the price can't be a problem as that's just a year from expiration. The transfer will cost PSV Training compensation going into a couple of hundred thousands to the benefit of Red Bull I think..

15. There must be a misunderstanding in Eindhoven about that TC to be paid. The only ones that are obliged to pay that is the first club that gives a player from another club his first pro contract. If I understand his situation he's under contract with Hannover, so PSV cannot be paying TC. The SP isnot that much as the transfer sum can't be that high.

16. By the way, Soto isnot mentioned by the PSV watcher.

17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a player signs his first contract as a professional, and (2) each time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday."

The annex goes on to clarify:

"Training compensation is due when:

i. a player is registered for the first time as a professional; or

ii. a professional is transferred between clubs of two different associations (whether during or at the end of his contract) before the end of the season of his 23rd birthday."

It's an international transfer and Gloster isn't 23, so TC is due as well as SP.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g

justinpaul10 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  18. Yeah, I completely forgot the international part until 23.:(
    Did Redbull receive anything from Hannover?

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. MLS refused to pay or receive TC or SP until about 2.5 months ago. I suppose NYRB would claim TC+SP from PSV should Gloster make this move now.

MLS has a weird take on it. This is from a FAQ they published:

I have no idea where in the FIFA regulations they are seeing this, because it's not how I read it.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/faqs-about-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember that the TC would only be due on the incremental year, not on the original years (assuming it was paid previously to his youth clubs). In a sense, this is simply part of the negotiation for the transfer.

Balerion repped this.
  21. It's up to the domestic FA to set the amount of compensation for internal transfers. So if they set it to nill it's within the rules.

TarHeels17 and Balerion repped this.
  22. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  23. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    I'm guessing the $100k and $500k are for different things, but the way it reads, they should have just written $600k. Are those two different bids for different players, or successive bids after one got rejected, or salary plus transfer, or what?

24. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that tweet wasn't easy to understand, was it? The bid was for Gloster, not Soto, Yanks Abroad clarified with a follow-up tweet:

25. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States