Cho KR SACKED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Dec 7, 2011.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    What the hell!!! Am I slow to this news?? I didn't see this coming at all! I wished it but didn't think there was enough traction for it to happen this quickly and swiftly!!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...rea-sack-coach-cho-kwang-rae---report?cc=5901

"South Korea coach Cho Kwang-Rae has been removed from his position, just shy of 17 months into the job, according to the country's state television network KBS."

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Check the KNT thread.

3. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8"]LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock - YouTube[/ame]

4. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Now, let's get someone foreign and expensive who has actually won something in their managerial career. Enough with this bargain basement manager shopping BS.

5. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I disagree. The so called 'best manager available' is never the best solution. Just ask the Chinese national team. Now it's unfair to arie haan or camacho comparing them other. But throwing money to lure the best manger can buy could haunt you later on. Because after all, they're just a merc.

Give cho some credit for coaching gyeoungnam fc to trophy and make himself available and showed passion to manage the national team when everyone pu$$ied out.

Now, pjy, ksy was unavailable for that Lebanon game but, coach shouldve had prepared a second team for situation just like that. It was unfair, but should have at least drawn the game.

As for the new coach, rumors are ghotbi, choi kang hi(jeonbuk) and hong myung Bo are main candidate for the job. I say put choi in there because his team won the league and managed the team in contention for quite sometime.

6. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    What trophy?

The national team sucked as bad as they have done because they had a coach for the last year and 8 months that wasn't proven in K-League.

7. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    YES! The problem isn't completely solved yet but hopefully it's a step in the right direction. But seriously Ghotbi? He destroyed the Iranian team. I'm kind of worried about the candidates. Because they're all unproven. Haven't seen Jeonbuk play but I've read that they don't have the best defense. So Choi might not be the answer. Hong on the other hand might be better at that, but U23 is nothing compared to senior NT level. It sucks KFA doesn't have more money.

8. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ghotbi has no business whatsover managing the KNT. While I would love Ancelotti, the more reasonable choices would be either Farias or Gunes. Gunes is my vote.

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. You're comparing China to Korea??? China's problem is that they're China.:D

Korean NT with a tactically, astute manager with experience of having won something on international, euro stage is a very different thing.

1 person likes this.
  10. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Ghotbi... oh hell no. I wouldn't mind him getting his old job back but that's it.

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This brightened my day :D
    I want HMB.

13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Are you serious?

14. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ehh I'm unfamiliar with Choi Kang Hee and i say no to ghotbi.
    I don't think HMB is such a bad option.

15. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think he's a good option if we can't spend buckets on a new manager.
    He's shown to have a good eye for talent, a little too defensive at times but with a good pool of players (which he will have for the KNT without someone like CGR taking all his players) he can make a midfield that passes and presses pretty well even against quality opposition, and he seems to grow with his team.

Obviously he's shown that he's inexperienced (don't even want to talk about the UAE game) and recently his side has been shaky defensively.

16. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Can someone please post any details surrounding the termination? KFA's reasoning is what Im curious about. How did this go down too? What was Cho's response/reaction? Were there player complaints (dissension) of Cho outside of what is public knowledge (Son/his dad, Ki)? How did he treat players when the cameras were off?

Very glad that KFA recognized a total lack of direction here and nipped the bud in such a timely matter. Time is the essence.

17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Since the statement isn't official (I presume one will be forthcoming this US PM, Korean AM), I imagine it might be a while before any bad words are said publicly or not (if at all).

18. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Here's Cho's reaction:

The rest here: http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=001&article_id=0005409006

The gist of it is that Cho is reacting with anger and disbelief because the proper procedure was not followed. There was no meeting of the executive board to discuss the matter. The decision was made on the vice-chairman level and then Hwang, the technical director, was told to inform Cho.

19. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    dayam....more to come Im sure.

20. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    There is no "proper procedure" when you get fired.

21. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol :D

22. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    The Korean media going bonkers about how Cho was wronged. LOL. The dude promised a crapload and it was painfully obvious that he lost his narrative a long time ago. It's been downhill since the Nigeria match. Good riddance.

23. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When termination comes as the result of gross negligence, wrongdoing or incompetence then I don't believe that normal procedures need to be followed.

You could walk into work tomorrow and be told to pack up and go home if you f**ked something up big-time. And big-time CKR did f**k it.

24. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/column...rea's-dismissal-of-boss-cho-kwang-rae?cc=5901

"Was it the bidding of shadowy outside influences, a consequence of a power struggle that threatens to tear the Korea Football Association apart or the simple firing of a coach after a bad result? The dismissal of national team boss Cho Kwang-Rae has sent South Korean football into a tailspin and just where it will end nobody can say, but one thing is for sure: it is going to run and run.
    Lebanon fans celebrate their shock victory over South Korea in November
    The whole affair started badly. According to Cho, just minutes after meeting Hwangbo Kwan, the newly-appointed chairman of the KFA's technical committee which o..."

I could care less for Hyundai Chung and KFA politics but Cho was goddam garbage.

I was wondering the Korean media are going bonkers sounding all preachy with the usual anti-establishment staring at cave wall typical Korean BS and now I see why...

25. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think anyone was supporting Cho. It was a good decision just bad timing.