Chivas vs TIgres- Jornada 6 Apertura 2007

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by el-choul, Aug 31, 2007.

1. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Chivas-Tigres
    19:00 hora local
    8pm/5pm Telefutura in US

http://www.mediotiempo.com/fmf/primera/apertura_2007/previo.php?id_partido=17915

This is a quick turn around, which is sometimes good after a loss. Tigres has lost 3 straight, probably 4 if they had played Pachuca on Wednesday. Mejia's suspension+callup during week 7 means Reynoso is back to starting. It'll be interesting to see if he goes back to the bench when Mejia returns after the Brazil game. No word yet on whether Medina can play the full 90 minutes yet. They might ease him up by giving him 45 minutes this game.

2. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    If there is one team that is a bigger disappointment than the Chivas so far it has to be Tigres. This is a game that the Chivas should be able to win. I think Reynosos return will help out the defense, while hes not very fast he seems to be able to read the game better than Mejia can. Chivas really need these three points, the season is a third of the way completed and to be below double digits is a cause for concern. It has to turn around at some point, i dont see why it cant start against Tigres.

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gana Chivas o Gana Chivas... no hay de otra

4. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    We must be a pretty demoralized group of fans, only three posts in this thread so far.

5. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ha, ha. I still believe.

6. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Animo!!!

We're just 5 points out of 1st in our group, and with 8 teams making the playoffs, anything can happen.:D:D

Por otro campeonato!!!

I think it's just the short time between games and that it's Tigres.

7. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bleh... if Chivas does not win I will personally kick them where it hurts.

8. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Didn't Chivas win their last title by just sneaking through to repechaje? Anything can happen in this league, it's like none other in the world I think.

9. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    exactly!!! if it wasn't for Maza's magical header against Jaguares, we would not have been in the in repechaje in the first place. anything can happen in this league. that's the beauty of it sometimes.

anyway, this is a MUST WIN game for Chivas. Tigres is in a much worse slump than Chivas so we gotta take advantage of that. plus, we are playing at home.

VAMOS CHIVAS!!!

mi pronostico

Chivas 2 - Tigres 0

hopefully Bravo can score. poor guy has been in a slump.

10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    vamos a ganar
    1-0

espero que el pinche de Chepo no mande al equipo a defender

11. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We won 1-0 goal Santana

the weather was horrible you couldn't connect a single pass... nice wall that Morales/Bravo did for Santana's tap in... we played Ok... considering the field conditions I can't really say much, the field was just like a river out there

[​IMG]

12. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that's 2 games in a row that Santana scores! who would of known?!?!

anyway, it was a whatever game. i only saw the first half and we were clearly the superior team. and yeah, the play that led to the goal was nice!! major props to both Ramoncito and Bravo.

has anyone been noticing that Bravo has been slowly taking over Bofo's spot?? i've been noticing that Bravo has been playing back more and taking part in more and more plays. he's had some great assists/passes these last few games.

13. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    They won, so I'm glad, but nothing impressive. The team has to concentrate on finding a rhythm, while at the same time scraping together wins and ties so they are in a good position come playoffs. That's where it'll matter.

The next game will be tough. Despite getting blown out by Pachuca, San Luis has 3 wins in 3 games at home, and I assume Chivas will be without Michel, Mejia, Magallon, Araujo, Esparza because of the national team. At least the offense will be intact, so they'll get more time to learn to play together.

14. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    Despite the 1-0 scoreline, that was a fun game to watch. Not because of how beautifully the teams played but because of how hard it was to play in those conditions. I only ever got to play in one game like that but it was the funnest one i ever participated in.

Who would of thought Santana would be our leading scorer? Bad news is he leads the team with only 2 so its obvious our offense needs to improve. But in a game like yesterdays its hard to judge the teams and players with how uncooperative the field was. There were so many times where a ball would be passed and it would skip along the field only to stop in a puddle dead before it reached its intended target. Its hard to play like that and it really just becomes a mess and we seen that last night. And then some lights turn off. But im glad that they grabbed the three points.

Why dont the Tigres get rid of Gaitan? That guys so lazy i dont think hes worth the stress.

15. Omar Bravo T Amigo

Apr 25, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the props. Surprised to see Omar passing and centering more. Got an assist a couple games ago, then to the pass off to Ramoncito on the left who centered to Santana. Impressed also when Omar was down the right side and both of them went down in the water, but Omar got back up and controlled the ball. With Medina out and Bofo gone, he's stepping up and not being selfish, but still trying to getting a scoring opportunity when he can.
    And Santana is stepping up as well. Michel is playing well aslo.
    Hope the rest of the team steps up as well.

16. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    i've noticed that el Moncho is dribbling down the box more often and looking for passing opportunities. still though he should continue to cross and find Bravo's head. and Chepo has kept him in the game past mediotiempo so thats good.