Chivas vs Santos Jornada 5

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by Chivas100, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/2377/
    soccertv.com

[FONT=verdana, arial] Wed Aug 29 02:00PM Pacific
    Wed Aug 29 03:00PM Mountain
    Wed Aug 29 04:00PM Central
    Wed Aug 29 05:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    Azteca America
    Futbol de Mexico
    Santos vs Chivas Guadalajara
    [/FONT]

El equipo que viajó a Torreón para su partido de la Jornada 5 ante el Santos Laguna es el siguiente:
    • Luis Michel
    • Alfredo Talavera
    • Javier Rodríguez
    • Jonny Magallón
    • Sergio Santana
    • Omar Bravo
    • Héctor Reynoso
    • Omar Esparza
    • Ramón Morales
    • Sergio Ávila
    • Edgar Mejía
    • Patricio Araujo
    • Omar Arellano
    • Alberto Medina
    • Gonzalo Pineda
    • Antonio Patlán
    • Jesús Padilla
    • Julio Nava
    • Antonio Olvera
    • Xavier Baez
    i remember the last game we had against them we were winning 3-0. and Luduena got a free kick for them and also an assist i believe making it 3-2.

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I am actually looking forward to this match.. In many ways it can make or break the whole Chepo ordeal as the win against Atlas can be deceiving. Santos is on a hot streak, with four straight wins, their victory over Pachuca left no doubts that they are the team to beat.

3. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    I agree with VS, we cant let a victory over a broken Atlas fool us into thinking this Chivas team is turning the corner. A win against a very good Santos will be better suited for that. Santos isnt a joke, theyre fast and have one of the most dynamic players (Luduena) in the FMF running them. Considering how the last game between these two teams went, this will be a tough game.

4. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I am looking for Bravo to regain his scoring touch, for Medina to shake off the rust, for Pineda to show us again he can bridge the gap between defense and offense, for Olvera to reappear, for a good game from the youth brigade, and most importantly, a road victory against the undefeated/untied superlider Santos.

But I'll settle for a Santana benching.:D

5. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    But I'll settle for a Santana benching.:D[/quote]

agreed especially. lets put a hat trick on this traitor(os).

6. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    goal de Chivas! by Santana's header served by Arellano. wow Santana actually did something. Arellano is man of the match so far. our defense is looking horrible out there. it was Maza's fault for his poor marking on Christian Benitez. we once had Bravo marking someone in our box on a set piece we were lucky the guy missed Vuoso? on our longest attack we failed, Castillo was open on his wing and counterattacked to send Vuoso a long ball, which he almost converted into a goal had he passed it to Benitez. Pineda is not himself today. and with him and Maza have yellows and Mejia out with a red which looked like other guy fell back on his own. i dont know about Olvera coming in now. but take out Maza for Reynoso and put in Medina for Santana.

7. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sonny Guadarrama what a DIRTY little bastard.
    Olvera came in was on the pitch for about a minute and goes out injured.
    Patlan than comes in.
    We scored first but guess what? dumb Chepo did his usual bunkering! ...and they tied us 1-1 Golazo by the way... at minute 83 poor marking led to Santos second goal 2-1...
    am tired of this bunkering.. is like chepo trips with the same rock over and over and over... and over...

8. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've never liked Chepo...

9. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    Bad game, today just wasnt any Chivas' day. Santana did a great job of hammering in the second opportunity he had, but other than that the team was very poor on the offensive end with few opportunities to speak of. Benitiz just tore our defense apart. He caught Maza flat footed and breezed by him and knocked his shot past Michel. He could of passed to either side of him on that play and his teammates would have all had good shots on goal, that play the Chivas' defense just fell apart. Bravo was nonexistant, hes sorely lacking Bautistas brilliance to help him out. I thought Mejias expulsion was fair, he was the last man and didnt go for the ball so much as he just ran into the body. But to be fair, Araujo put him in a terrible position with his weak header on that play. Morales was real bad too. I felt bad for Olvera, he only put in two minutes and a minute and a half of that was him on the floor in pain. You know its not your teams day when a play like that happens and a sub has to be immediately subbed out. I hope he turns out ok. I think this was just one of those games where things dont work out. There is nothing Chepo could of done to help his boys out in this game, it just wasnt their day.

10. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nice to see Santana FINALLY do something!!

as Hulk said, bad day overall for our team though. we gotta pick up things this Sat against Tigres.

11. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Well that sucked. Santos is definitely for real, but chivas played very poorly. Maza got schooled on the two goals, but the rest didn't do much better. Mejia was weak, Araujo looked hesitant at times, Ramon had some questionable non-runs, etc. I thought starting off with Santana's goal was a good sign, but oh well. I feel bad for Olvera though. How frustrating must that have been.

And to add to the frustration, I had to listen to Azteca America announcers. As much as the Univision guys annoy me, at least they recognize the players, and know where they used to play. The announcers for today's game were terrible.

12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So did we win or lose? I missed the game (school). Bunkering again...ugh...

13. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ********ing pathetic.:mad::(

14. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    After five games the Chivas are in 13th place in an 18 team league. Thats terrible. I think that if the Chivas dont win against the Tigres this Saturday Chepos going to be in some deep stuff.

15. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Especially since all of our points (and 3 out of 5 games) have come against the 14th (Pumas), 17th (Atlas), and 18th (Tecos) teams. If we even tie at home against a Tigres team that already has 3 losses, Chepo should be in trouble, regardless of whether Vergara "se comprometio a jugar con jovenes".

16. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a mediocre last couple of seasons it's been in the Mexican league in general.:(

17. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This game and last nights superliga final are prime examples of why not to bunker with a 1-0 advantage. Both Chivas and Pachuca were doing good before they scored their goal, but after they stoped attacking and bunkered all hell broke loose. THE BEST DEFENSE IS OFFENCE!!!! IS THAT SO HARD TO SEE. Pinche Chep pendejo, ojala te vallas a la vergara!!!

18. rayadodecorazon

rayadodecorazon New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Las Vegas
    I do believe Chepo will be fired anytime now, didn't Vergara say if we didn't make at least 12 points by the 5th week he'd fire him? I know some of us didn't love bofo but, we have to admit it's gonna take time before our team learns to play without him.

19. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    I was under the impression that Chepo would have the entire season to see if he could guide the team to a championship. I dont believe the 12 points after 5 games ultimatum, if that were the case he would of been out the door once the second game of the season (Tecos) was done. As it is i think the guy is skating on thin ice right now. If it werent for the Atlas win i honestly do believe he would of gotten the boot.

20. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hold on a minute fire Schetpo de la Torre?? isn't he the one who after 10 long years got Chivas a campeonato......? i look at that team and this team and see all theese new faces now, Did Vergara decide not to invest in the transfer window?? did Vergara make the decision to sell all those vetrean players ?? I mean lets face it .. Vergara is really the one running the team , all he really wants is a front man to put on a suit and sit with the teams during the game .. Look as soon as Vergara bought Chivas he fired DT D. Guzman, then Yayo, then Westerhoff, then Galindo, then that Spaniard Azkargorta, Westerhoff twice well sort of ...

I think out of all the DT's Galindo got the worst well maybe Westerhoff.. but my point is this is twice Vergara invests no money in the transfer window and the season gets off to a bad start.. Lets face it the Mexican league is very very competitive , there is really no need to force the cantera to produce too fast and push all theese youngsters up to primera division , Chivas end up suffering and so does the 1a. team Tapatio as well ...

Veterans are leaders they inspire confidence in their teammates, with a team full of noobs its hard to have a well disciplined team function when it matters. to make matters worse he thinks he can solve everything by hiring and firing DT's whenever he gets the urge , this further complicates everything ....
    oh well i give up on this season , maybe next year.....

21. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    I agree with you about too much youth on the field not being a good thing, but it wasnt Vergara that wanted some Chivas to get sent packing. Chepo felt Bautista and Martinez were disruptive to team chemistry and put Vergara in a position where he would have to choose between them and him. Vergara chose to stick with Chepo but that there needed to be results in order to validate that decision. After five games there isnt much to be proud of.

The Chivas were a penalty kick away from winning a championship prior to Chepos tenure as D.T. Granted, it took 10 years to win another one, but it wasnt like they didnt come close to it until he came to be in charge.

22. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it just amazes me how stupid Chepo can be most of the time with his stupid tactics! :mad:

"meten gol y defiendan cabrones!!!"

WTF?!?!?!

Bravo, Arellano, Ramoncito, Venado, and hell, even Santana are all OFFENSIVE players!!!! they are there to score as much as they can. not put one in and then defend!!!!!

this kind of bullsh!t tactic is what costs us 99.9% of the time. i still can't believe Chepo keeps on doing this over and over again.