Chivas vs. Revolution

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Chivo, May 13, 2006.

1. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    I was wondering if anybody knows wether the game was going to be televised by either FSN West or FSN PT?

2. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The website says FSN New England which means we most likely wont get to watch the game.

3. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be on Direct Kick as well as FSNE

The game is going to be an experience for the guys from Southenr California. 2-3" of rain are expected to fall DURING the game. Temps will be about 47-50 and winds 20-30 knots. Just our normal New England weather. :D Any pregame call re favorates are off as this kind of weather is a real crap shoot.

I'll be there sitting in row 6 on the midline stripe (with my Clan) with three layers on. My guess is Rev 2-1 but would not be shocked to see anything from a 0-0 to a 5-3 game because of the water.

4. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
  6. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn....wut does CDCh need to do to get this team out of the basement? :mad:

7. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Playing once a week like the rest of the league would be nice.

8. watjusey?

watjusey? New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    so-cal
    They're coming off of two byes, things should start getting better now. I'm optimistic. I don't know about messing with the line-up, but we'll see how it works out.

9. implacable

implacable New Member

May 16, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    I agree with that the game byes have affected the performance and I really want to keep rooting for team...but I have to say this.
    So...the "Mexican Team" was dismantled because they were not up to par with the "mighty" MLS.
    To revamp the team, Chivas USA brings the "most winningest" coach the MLS, brings a bunch of MLS veterans, have the most paid players in the league, structures the team the way Bradley wants, cuts some promising players(Ochoa, Martinez) in favor of a injured-prone "veteran" that played a total of 5 minutes and was more interested in getting in te U.S. Roster. Have a bunch of rookies as starters instead of the bench players that were there last season (Arias, Muñoz, Lopez).
    And where does all this get the team?
    ONE WIN, three losses and a draw. Great!
    Now we can say that Chivas USA has become just another MLS team, that is a great distinction.
    It is really, really hard to root for this team, specially when its parent club is inspiringly playing in the quarter finals of the Libertadores and the semifinals of the Mexican Tournament with a bunch of youngsters that came through the club system.
    If there's not relegation in the MLS, then why bother to field a squad of "veterans" that will most likely play or two more season max (Llamosa, Razov, Marsh, Palencia, Suarez, RAMIREZ!) instead of forming a young team (Mendoza, Arias, Borstein maybe) that can keep improving year after year.
    Chivas USA is a product, that I realize but until the team develops a congruent identity on the field that resonates with the fans the team will be just another MLS team and we will continue to see half-empty stadiums at home(12,404) and away (6,882).

10. Implacable, don't give up yet. Losing 3-1 away to potentially the league's best team is not shameful. Consider the ridiculous MLS scheduling over the past month. I, too, am frustrated, and still hurting from that loss to the Galaxy, but I remain positive. Lets address this subject again in September. At that time, I predict that the team will be flying high with a healthy John O'Brien. My biggest concern right now is Palencia. He doesn't seem to be impacting any of the games yet. If he returns to form, I predict that we will be up toward the top of the Western Conference table. The only teams that are significantly better than us right now are FC Dallas and Houston. Its a long season, man.

11. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah Implacable, the way I see it, the veterans on the squad are just a stop-gap until the younger players are ready to go. It's gonna be a very long season, and you can't expect an expansion team to hit the ground running, give it time.