Chivas Vs Galaxy 9/13/2007 8:00PM P/D/P [R]

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, I can see you are a Chivas USA fan, now that there is only one team in LA and it isn't Galaxy! ;)

2. Gino Franconni

Gino Franconni Red Card

Sep 1, 2007
    Solvang
    After all that hype concerning the salesman Beckham & all the cash the Galaxy has splashed about & all the pomp & mania they have attempted to drum up concerning Beckham I'm glad if just on a local level it's all blown up in their face! Chivas USA doesn't have the spending power that the Galaxy has but they have one thing the Galaxy seems' to be lacking ... Good players'! Chivas USA beat the Galaxy with talent, not hype, Team work, not marketing. Well done Chivas USA! Your the best professional MLS side in Los Angeles! As for the Spice Boys' & the salesman ... Back to the drawing board!:rolleyes:

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol sorry but LARS is the most idiotic name I've ever heard .. haha LARS lol sounds like LARD but with the S... just sounds nerdy/geeky .. don't expect to get respect from anyoone going by the name of lars

4. Ollie & Friends

Ollie & Friends New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I've been a Chivas USA fan some time now.

5. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes, he is right, i have notice him defending the Chivas colors

6. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wa wa wa! its so ridicules how the quitesquad tries to act so innocent, bullshit! :rolleyes:

7. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they whine whine and whine.. Jesus... Cry me a river

8. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Congratulations on a well deserved win guys.

As a Galaxy fan, and Riot Squad member, I have to admit that Chivas is playing some damn fine football, and stands a good shot to win the league this year.

*** Wow - That was painful to say ***

Anyway - it can't be a rivalry with one side winning every time, so I guess this had to happen eventually.

Random Comments

Preki is the man. He has been successful in everything he has done in football. I would trade you both Yallop and Lalas for him any day.

The Riot Squad is racist? I don't get it. I think we're about 40% White, and 40% Latino with the rest of the group being a mixed bag that includes Asians, Arabs, Jews and Blacks. We've got a great cross section of LA, and as a white boy from ultra white Ohio, I think the diversity's great.

It's interesting that Chivas USA's marketing plan is now trying to get non Mexicans to support the team. It must be really frustrating for the Chivas USA FO to have a great team on the field in the second largest American Market and yet have one of the worst attendances in the league. This whole experiment in brand extension will make good reading for college level marketing students in the future.

9. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

LARS does have a strange ring to it when said as such.... but Riot Squad is a pretty cool name. I never really gave a rats ass about them before, but having sat near them on Thursday in 137, I do appreciate the support they provide their team. From what I could see & hear, they're passionate about the Gals, and they're behind the squad win or lose. I'm doubting they're happy with some of the Gals FO, but all that matters is on the pitch.

Dare I say that CUSA could use a supporters group with an agenda similar to LARS? Sure, I'll say it.... and props to the CUSA St Pat's for getting something started midseason, with little FO support. I hope to see the San Patricios SG grow for the rest of the season and bust out in 2008!

And in 2008... instead of beer bottles thrown at the classico matches, let's see some raised in respect to our rival SG~!

Okay.. I'm an idiot, but dare to dream. Oh ya, flares look cool when I see them on TV, but I bring my kids to matches. Those things are for roadside emergencies.... if I ever see a flare again, I'm shoving it up the throwers ass!

Dale, Dale CUSA (still not sure what it means, but I like it! )

MLS Cup - see Bill Shatner for a DC travel deal - priceline negotiator.....!

10. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If all MLS clubs played like you guys, I would be a fan of the league. Very refreshing style.

11. Gino Franconni

Gino Franconni Red Card

Sep 1, 2007
    Solvang

This is a good clash between these two teams' & it's very clear ChivasUSA is a much better team than the Spice Boys'! On a more somber note I think the nonsense between both teams' fans' will only get worse. It will take somebody, or a number of people to get badly injured before it ruins' it for the fans' that just go to see & enjoy the game. I could be wrong but then again I might be right.:rolleyes:

12. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    the moz.

[​IMG]

13. RICHARD ESCUTIA

Jul 25, 2006
    PALMDALE
    IT MAY NOT BE FOR THE PLAYERS, BUT I CAN NOT SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT THEIR FANS, THE STAFF AND EVEN THE STADIUM PERSONELL.
    NEVERTHELESS, LONG LIVE 'THE REAL FOOTBALL', NOT THE HANDBALL PLAYED BY THE NFL.

14. RICHARD ESCUTIA

Jul 25, 2006
    PALMDALE
    GOOD LUCK TRYING TO SHOVE A FLARE UP THE THROWER`S REAR...HOPE THAT THE LEGION ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE IT OUT OK.
    HOWEVER, I AGREE THAT WE BRING OUR FAMILIES TO THE GAME AND THOSE ITEMS CAN CAUSE HARM.
    BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, GALAXY.

15. RICHARD ESCUTIA

Jul 25, 2006
    PALMDALE
    DIRTY DEFENDER,
    THIS IS FROM A CHIVAS USA FAN AND A PROUD MEMBER OF THE GLORIOUS LEGION 1908.

UP UNTIL YESTERDAY, I HAD NO RESPECT FOR THE RIOT SQUAD, BUT AS OF TODAY, ALL OF THAT WILL CHANGE. YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND A GREAT FOOTBALL FAN.
    BOTH SG`S MAY NEVER AGREE ON A LOT OF ISSUES, BUT I AM SURE THAT WE CAN CO-EXIST, RESPECT ONE ANOTHER AND AVOID VIOLENCE AT ALL COSTS.
    AS FOR YOUR TEAM, THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME IS ALEX LALAS.
    GOOD LUCK IN 2008.