Chivas Vs DC United 9/6/2007

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Ranka, Aug 29, 2007.

1. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    ESPN has been a nightmare this season.

2. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    2 - 2 88 min

3. creepy_cre2done

creepy_cre2done New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    los angeles
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man, Mendoza was a yard onside....

4. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Is the game over? How was the attendance?

5. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    That was weak. Well, we walk away with a point and inch up towards Houston.

6. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    Yeah , game over 2 -2

7. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im not to happy with the way we played today. We are missing someone who can create and give us a spark that will help Galindo and Panchito. Nuñez played like crap. I did like Marsch he must have stolen 100 balls in the mid but we dont create anything once we have the ball.

8. ProfessorBlackbeard

ProfessorBlackbeard New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See Reply #56.

9. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    big ups to sacha and jesse for dominating the middle.
    nags seems to enjoy running through people.

questionable late subs (why disrupt the chemistry when it was flowing?)

that offsides call:mad:

for whatever reason, it feels like a loss.

10. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Lots of bad first touches and runs that lead to nowhere. Robbed on Mendoza's last run :mad:.

Gained a point, no yellows, no reds, no injuries (crossing my fingers Galindo is ok). All in all I'd say we didn't lose too much on this match...Sunday (if everything falls into place) is when we climb to 1st place in the West. :)

11. SoFo

SoFo Member

May 19, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am trolling from the Chicago Fire board, but I watched the game last night and had to comment:
    -- I guess ESPN planned to have its 6:30 p.m. (Central Time) college football game end in 2 1/2 hours, in time for the 9 p.m. soccer game, which was then pushed back to 9:30, and then 9:53, and then pre-empted for the first six minutes, during which time a goal was scored. I can understand if football goes into overtime, like the WNBA game did a few weeks ago, but the length of the preceding football game should have surprised no one. It should have started earlier.
    -- I have never seen anything as hilarious on a soccer field as the first Chivas goal. I lauged my ass off as it slowly rolled into the net with Perkins chasing it.
    -- The offside call at the end was atrocious. I realize offside is a tough call for a linesman, because you have to watch the ball and the forwards at the same time. But Mendoza (that's who it was, right?) was so on-side, and it was such an excellent ball, that this should not have been even close. There's no telling whether Mendoza would have scored, but the terrible thing is, we'll never know.
    -- Why the small crowd? Isn't D.C. United considered a good draw out West?

12. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    [​IMG]

13. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    did anyone else notice that the we lost the ESPN feed at exactly 930pm? (the time the game was scheduled to end) and sure enough they went straight into commercials ($$$$).

it makes perfect sense.

14. neophyte

neophyte Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    A friendly little troll from RSL-land:
    Congrats on coming back from 2-0. Razov's goal was the funniest I've ever seen-- has anyone posted it on youtube yet?
    It's too bad that ESPN is incompetent and that people in LA don't go to see your version of real soccer instead of Entertainment Tonight Beckhamfests. I went to the LA-DCU interliga game last month and nobody around me knew anything about either team or the sport itself. They did, however, know exactly which box Posh was sitting in. It was great-- "Hey, black team, you shouldn't push the guys on the white team like that">
    Good luck on making a run for first in the West. We'll try to beat Houston to help you out.

15. TalkMLS

TalkMLS New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Buffalo, NY area
    With all the problems with ESPN2, ONE POINT is better then none and they will rebound against the Red Bulls on Sunday...

16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I agree, Chivas has been truly missing a creative midfield to help spark the attack.. I was hopeful for a quality signing when the Zidane, Veron, and Figo rumors were floating round. However, I doubt we will get a player of that caliber or quality.

17. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Chivas seems like Chievo Verona from a couple years ago. They somehow win pull out results in the weirdest fashion (that first goal, and even the second one) and play in an empty stadium. And they live in the shadow of a second division crosstown rival which has had some previous glory but currently suck. They aren't the Goats, they're the flying donkeys (in case of any you follow Serie A, you'll know what I'm talking about). I guess what I'm really trying to say is, you guys really have performed well this season :)

18. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    On days like this, I wish Cue/Vergara would go and break the piggybank and get Riquelme, who's been languishing at Villarreal, and put him right behind Ante, Panchito and Maykel. still for a second I thought that DC got us until Ante "scored"...:D.

Stotts is a farting idiot, Panchito was clearly NOT off side, that would have put us where we belong, at the top, but it's OK, we'll get the DC Nazis at the playoff

19. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I bet if it was a college football game nobody would've tripped on a wire and accidentally lose the signal like it happened yesterday.

20. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's better to win them in a weird fashion than to lose them in a weird fashion like it happened the previous two years.

21. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look on the bright side, we finally pulled off a point against DC! This is the best season in our history and there is a month of games left.;)

22. Linus Tulagi

Linus Tulagi Member

Jan 5, 2006
    St. Paul, Mn
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheeky goal by Razov. :D