Chivas vs DC to open 2005, let's welcome Chivas in style

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by mbar, Nov 16, 2004.

1. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next season's opener is Chivas at our stadium against DC.

I would really like to organize a section of Galaxy fans to go to the game and root for DC and talk $hit to Chivas.

Wouldn't it be great to be there and taunt our new neighbors?

Anybody interested in this?

I know this is a little early, but something to think about...

2. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Wow. I guess we now know which Galaxy fan gets his taxes in early.

Sounds like a good idea, actually. Hatred between rivals should be encouraged and cultivated.

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to remind them that they are sleeping on OUR couch.

DAMN STRAIGHT, I think it's a good idea. Any Club America fan-sites that we can enlist some help from?

4. GKiey

GKiey New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Long Island
    Great idea...Proudly i am a Metrostars supporter( no digs please) and i would glady support any team playing *hitvas.

5. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    It's a long way off, but assuming I don't have family obligations that day I'll go scream at the Goats and try to round up a couple friends to bring along. Maybe we can get a Chupacabra costume for some drunken Galaxy supporter to wear at the match.

6. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Sounds like the begining on the end of the G's- Mark my word, the G's won't be around probably after next season, at least at the HDC.

7. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    What an insightful observation, Rodney. I'm bored tonight and have some slight interest in how your brain processes information. What in this thread (or anywhere else) leads you to conclude that the next season will probably be the Galaxy's last? Please humor me with your analysis.

8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?

9. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Silly wabbit.

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Post. How's junior high going?

11. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    No doubt...glad they did this. I don't wanna see Chivas open with a derby against us...because if we were to lose that...we would NEVER hear the end of it. Even if we win the next 50...NEVER. Come if you guys can and support ADUnited...let's hope they take down the Goat scum...

I am not too worried about Vergara "running us out of business" but I just hope our "casual" G's fans don't give in.

12. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be like watching the past 2 MLS Cups at our stadium: two teams I hate and don't want to support one over the other. Sure, I hate the Goats but I hate DC just as much. Do you propose we're heckling both at this opener?

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Why, that sounds like a DC United fan road trip!!!!!!

Anyone know how to say "Eski's bitch" in Spanish so we can properly taunt whoever their keeper will be?

14. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like rodney still has that Summer's Eve tattoo on his ass.

15. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    You talkin' 'bout me?

[​IMG]

16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think when the schedule comes out and tickets are available we should pick a section and designate it the "I hate Chivas or I support United" section of Galaxy stadium on April 2nd. If we do it early enough then a large enough group should be able to get together and sit together for this event.

This is a one-time only event where Galaxy fans and DC fans can co-exist in harmony. Mike LaStort, you're damn right its a good time for a road trip!

I'm thinking a section like the riot squads normal section would be a good choice. Galaxy and DC shirts are a must!

Mike

I'm so excited by my hatred of Chivas!!!! The season can't get here soon enough.

17. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't bring myself to support either of those teams.

18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then just come to hate! (In a fun-spirited way) :)

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'll be happy to teach you guys how to properly taunt opposing goalkeepers the way we did with Bo on Sunday. :)

So I'm guessing that you are the same Michael I met at the Supporters' party on Saturday night, right?

If so, it was a pleasure to chat with ya. If not, look forward to meeting you when United crush the goats.

20. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask him next year, when he gets there.

21. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea lets get a large group together that all hate Chivas and let give CHIVAS ALL OUR MONEY. Brilliant, we'll sell out their stadium, further solidifying this as a great idea to have two teams at the sames stadium. They'll see the Galaxy gear and DCU gear and say, See I told you Galaxy fans would convert.

best way is to NOT give them your cash and pray they don't sell out. Don't feed the machine that is trying to kill you

22. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Right, a couple hundred (maximum) Galaxy and DC supporting Chivas-haters are going to turn the franchise into an instant success by showing up for one match and berating the home team. :rolleyes:

23. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Well, regardless of the pros and cons of a galaxy fans showing up to this game, there will be a big DC presence. So, if any of you galaxy supporters are interested in coordinating with the travelling DC support, you should contact the organizers of that trip, most likely gocaps (Paul S). It will be hard to estimate numbers, but don't be surprised to see a big group. We all had a great time out there in Rimando beach and will be bringing our friends this time.

By the way, would you all mind inquiring at the Home Depot on their policies for goat beheadings in the stadium or in the lots? Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tim

24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Mike,

I am not that Michael. I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting you. Hopefully April 2nd!

Mike

25. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense but ... :rolleyes:

I think this rivalry will be great. Chivas is not going away whether you attend a match or not.