chivas vs. cruz azul un clasico ?

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by Pirru, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Ni si, ni no

wtf clasico? naw el unico clasico es America Vs. Chivas! no hay otro!!! cuantos clasicos vez en Espana? yo no mas veo uno y le llaman "Derby" en argentina tambien nomas uno River Vs. Boca! en mexico no hay lugar para otro!!! se le puede llamar Rivalidad pero para un clasico nope guey come on no mamen!! que le llamaran al Querretaro - San Luis!!

2. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América

No mames wey, sabes cuantos clasicos hay en Argentina???? El clasico de la plata, el de newells y Rosario Central, chicago y chacarita, Cada que los 5 grandes juegan es considerado clasico.

3. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    About Atlas vs Chivas, millions of chivistas in Mexico City do care about the oldest classic in Mexican Football. As Chivin stated, before there was Chivas-America there was Chivas-Atlas.

I think you are trying to say is that you do not enjoy these "clasicos" as such because you do not care for the teams participating in them.

4. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

no mames guey serio cuanto olles hablar de los otros!!! por eso digo que clasico es una palabra sobre usada porque no se le puede decir Fuerte Rivalidad?

5. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude u know how many non Chivas - America fans watch el clasico??

6. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

At the very least three matches: Barcelona-Real Madrid, Atletico de Madrid-Real Madrid, and Sevilla FC-Betis Sevilla.

If Queretaro and San Luis become big teams and play sensational games every time they face each other then this match can be rightly called a classic. At the moment, nobody is considering or calling Queretaro-San Luis a clasico.

7. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    As been labeled by some there really should be 5 clasicos.

America-Chivas

And the rest
    America-Cruz Azul
    America-UNAM
    Guadalajara-Atlas
    Monterrey-Tigres

I don't know if they been listed. I know I've seen people not include America-UNAM, but that one should be it.

As good at times as Cruz Azul-UNAM or Guadalajara-UNAM or Cruz Azul-Chivas games are, I think they should just be rivalries and not clasicos.

Also people have to remember that out of the 5 clasicos, TV Azteca can only carry 1 game- (Cruz Azul-America in el Azul) , so they can try to hype whatever Cruz Azul game they have as a clasico. Hell they tried to make the Morelia-America game into a clasico (clasico de las televisoras, clasico del periferico) but thank god nobody bought it and they had to give it up.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    So? What's your point? He never said that it wasn't the clasico just that before it, there was Atlas-Chivas.

9. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aside from the fact that Chivas vs America has been considered a "clasico" due to its history and weathering the ebs and flows of mercadotecnia and popularity, there is something about the clash of soccer approaches in the field and as institutions.

10. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    my point is that people dont have to care for the teams playing. read his post
    un classico no se hace de la noche a la manana en eso estoy de acuerdo !!! pero el america - chivas no se hizo porque el america is from televisa!!! se hizo porque era capitalinos contra el occidente!! no se olviden como le llamaban al america mas que ahora!!! "cremas"

11. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i dont like to consider teams fro the same city a classic!!! if u do well ur in all ur right im not here to argue im just here to give my opinion!!!

12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Delchiverio never said that. He was trying to understand the other guy's post.

13. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah and i answered that!!!!!!!!!!! you dont have to be a fan of either team just to enjoy the freaking game!!!!!!!!! i enjoyed this past Cruz Azul - chivas game and i could care less of either team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Then quote well because it didn't look like you were answering to the original.

15. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it was crystal clear! how bout next time read the quote and my opinion!!!!

16. UNION_1906

UNION_1906 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    *chico-california*
    classicos:

chivas-cruz azul?

morelia-america?
    tecos-atlas?
    america-necaxa?
    chivas tecos?
    atlante-america?

ha.lol. idk. Rivalries: YES. classicos:maybe, to some. :)

17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    How was it clear you newb? You were quoting a guy who was just trying to state what another guy was saying and answering back instead of the original poster. And even then the guy was saying about himself not about non chivas and america fans. Just learn to quote for real.

18. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hoy se jugo el Clasico de los Miercoles.

Cruz Azul - Necaxa!!!

:rolleyes:

:D

19. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    come on dude how bout drop it!! if you didnt catch the point to my opinion then u shouldnt of called me a newb!!! read his actuall post its #28!!!!!

20. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    The biggest problems are that there are those who think theyre should only be one CLASSICO (usually because their team is in it) or those who feel that there are others that qualify. Then there are those who confuse CLASSICOS with Derbys. Derbys can be CLASSICOS and vice versa but not always. TECOS vs ATLAS is a derby, a Guadalajara derby, but probably the real Guadalajara CLASSICO is ATLAS vs. GUADALAJARA, which in itself is also a Guadalajara derby. CRUZ AZUL vs AMERICA, is a Derby just like UNAM vs CRUZ AZUL, but there probably is more merit for a CLASSICO between CRUZ AZUL vs AMERICA than CRUZ AZUL vs ATLANTE (which in itself is also a Mexico City Derby).
    Another thing i notice is people seem to only believe in CLASSICO among teams that have the most band-wagoneers. I read somebody saying the only one was River Plate-Boca Juniors, but if you ever watch a Rosario Central-Newells Old Boys or a Monterrey-UANL Tigres those fans will tell you different. In England, the Liverpool-Everton causes much ruckus as a Man U-Arsenal! In fact, my english friends consider Man U-Liverpool bigger than Man U-Arsenal. Of course theyre from Manchester and they have a regional rivalry with Liverpool and could care less about London. Of course the people not from England only look at Man U/Arsenal/now Chelsea/Liverpool, and somehow feel that those are the only CLASSICOS.
    Whats my point: Anything can be a CLASSICO depending on who you talk to, but not anything can be a Derby, but a Derby can be CLASSICO. Trust me it makes sense in my head!! haha

21. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    see why i say clasico is overused. and to my opinion and i think to the guys from dictionary.com every game is consider a derby. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=derby&x=0&y=0

22. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the word Classico is used to often. Chivas has classico with America and Atlas. But they seem to always have great games with Cruz Azul so I say yes it is

23. JrTigre

JrTigre New Member

May 16, 2006
    The only one that gets hyped is Chivas vs America. But if you go down to monterrey well it's a diffrent story. The reason why teams from the same city are considered classics is because for bragging rights over who is the better team from the city. It gets the fans more pumped up. As a matter of fact I'm going to monterrey para el clasico. I can't wait to talk trash to all those stupid rayado fans. Man I hate them.

24. JrTigre

JrTigre New Member

May 16, 2006
    Even if Chivas vs Cruz Azul was un clasico. What would you call it?

25. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    ^^ "El Clasico de Putos"