chivas vs. cruz azul un clasico ?

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by Pirru, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Siempre juegan con todo, siempre son unos partidazos, cuando se enfrentan se considera como el mejor partido de la jornada.. que piensan:confused:

2. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Es el nuevo clasico, los dos equipos juegan con todo y los partidos tienen emocion, goles y sangre.

3. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    dos ekipos iguales de pendejos ke juegan con todo pa no perder y ser el ekipo super pendejo.......... si es un clasico

4. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    claro un super nada no sirven los dos pero siempre es un buen partido

5. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No. Pendejos las Wilas que no saben escribir "que" si no que usan "ke" como buenos chuntaros del internet. :rolleyes:

Y, no, para mi, no es un clasico. Esto se llama mercado tecnia.

6. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    haha no te enojes i was just playing around!!!

7. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :(...................ke?

8. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But I'll agree this with you. In my book, it is not a clasico. The "Clasico" labels are better left for Chivas vs. America or Tigres vs Monterrey.

9. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I only consider these two, plus Chivas vs. Atlas, as real clasicos.

10. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When the fans and players consider a match a classic, this is a significant and telling sign. Guadalajara vs Cruz Azul are excellent matches that are worthy of being labeled a clasico. Personally, I always expect a sensational game when my beloved team faces la maquina cementera. The game yesterday had some of the ingredients of a classic: good football, many goals, blood, and passion. Perhaps, In the near future, this confrontation between el Rebano Sagrado vs Cruz Azul will be accepted as a modern or young classic. A new and great rivalry will emerge.

11. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it is becoming a classic, is the third most popular team in Mexico, so why not?

12. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    the only "clasicos" in my opinion are chivas-america, tigres-monterrey, chivas-atlas. before cruz azul-chivas there's still pumas-america

13. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I think we throw this term around to lightly sometimes (at least the press in Mexico does)

Not in my opinion.

14. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    (clasico nacional) America vs Chivas, (Clasico Tapatio) Atlas vs Chivas, (Calsico Regiomontano) Monterrey vs Tigres, (Clasico Capitalino) America vs UNAM, (Calsico Joven) America vs Cruz Azul

Not Clasicos: Cruz Azul vs Pumas, Chivas vs Pumas, Chivas vs Cruz Azul,

15. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Ni si, ni no

it might not be a "clasico", but it sure is a hell of an intresting game!

16. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Players? Which players? Past and present? :confused: Can you provide site. One thing is "mercadotecnia" and the other thing is a historical sports perspective of a "clasico.".

Aside from the blood, I think all Div 1 games in FMF should have those ingredients: Buen Futbol, Goles, y Pasion. If they don't, I might as well shut my tv and go to a my local park and check out my local amateur league.

17. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Ni si, ni no

Palabra. I'm feeling this. The game was great to watch.

18. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think people throughout Mexico rather see a Chivas vs Cruz Azul match than a Tigres vs Monterrey.

Anyways, no I wouldn't call it "un clásico" but it's evolving into one for sure.

The only games I REALLY consider clásicos, mostly because of the whole environment that lately exists in Mexico City when these teams play are:

America vs Chivas

Cruz Azul vs America

Cruz Azul vs Pumas

America vs Pumas

Pumas vs Chivas

19. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    So Atlas and Chivas are not a clasico to you?

20. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gerardo Torrado from Cruz Azul said this before the game against Guadalajara: "Los dos equipos son instituciones importantes en el futbol mexicano y todos los conjuntos le salen a jugar a muerte (a las Chivas), este es un clásico y como tal debemos jugarlo a muerte, y siempre viste ganar un clásico" (emphasis mine).
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=473496

Gabriel Pereyra from Cruz Azul shares the same sentiment as his teammate Torrado: Sobre el partido ante Guadalajara y la dificultad para el conjunto de La Noria, aseguró que todos los partidos son importantes para demostrar la calidad y así como será ante las Chivas, el cual definió como un "clásico lindo", lo fueron Pachuca, Atlante y Monterrey (emphasis mine).
    http://www.tvazteca.com/deportes/futbolmexicano/2006/08/2361487.shtml

I did not mention "mercadotecnia" as a fundamental reason for considering or labeling the matches between Chivas vs Cruz Azul as a "classic". But since you mentioned it, I must say that the media or "mercadotecnia" can be right or can be wrong. With commercialization or without it, the proof is in the pudding. Players and fans are calling this match a classic because that is what they are experiencing and observing. When two teams consistently play sensational games throughout many seasons the stamp of "classic" is justified.

You state that all matches should have the ingredients of a classic that I mentioned above (except for the blood). Both you and I know that many matches in the Mexican League (and in other football leagues in the world for that matter) do not have the ingredients of a clasico. What marks a clasico from the rest, is that the ingredients that I mentioned are present throughout the game. Both teams wanted to win that night in the Jalisco. Chivas dominated overall but Cruz Azul did not give up. The players were under a relentless rain, but they played with great intensity as if it was a tranquil spring day! They played in this manner the entire game! The fans in the stadium and those watching via their television sets were mesmerized. They were witnessing a clasico without the label. An epic game that will live in the memories of many in the years to come.

When my Chivas face la maquina cementera in the finals or in the next season, I will be expecting a clasico.

21. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    It can be a CLASSICO depending on who you talk to. Of course the media would love to exploit two of Mexico's top teams. Just like they do when any combinatin of Guadalajara, Cruz Azul, America and Pumas play. Of course you have your regional classicos, but those are more like Derby's in the english sense of the word, but nonetheless still a CLASSICO.
    However its no secret that the level of intensity rise when Guadalajara plays Cruz Azul. Perhaps to me this is the real classico, Im from Guadalajara but i root for Cruz Azul. That glorious saturday was filled with phone calls with the goat-loving cousins. I could care less about goats vs chickens, or chickens vs kitty-cats or goats vs kitty-cats.
    Perhaps the real SUPER CLASSICO is necaxa vs atlante, 2 of the oldest teams in Mexico's 1st division. Technically they would have the oldest history, isnt that what the meaning of CLASSICO is.
    Maybe Guadalajara vs America is the biggest of the many advertisement gimmicks that you guys (sometimes me) fall for.

22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

Monterrey-Tigres, Chivas-Atlas, actually all those mentiones above (with the possible exception of America- Chivas, long ago) are more terms coined by the media. Pretty soon we will have a clasico televisa when America plays San Luis or Necaxa

23. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Irapuato - Celaya: Clasico del No Descenso.

o contra el Leon: El Narcoclasico.

24. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1.- I don't care for either team.
    2.- I don't live in Guadalajara.
    3.- People in D.F. we don't care about an Atlas vs Chivas or a Tigres vs Monterrey game.

I'm not saying they're not "clásicos" in our footie, they're just not to me.

25. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude, before america-chivas, the clasico nacional was atlas-chivas, no porque el america fuera menos, sino porque tedavia no existia, asi que a mi se me hace que el america-chivas fue mas creado por la media, que los demas, tomando en concideracion que televisa es dueno del america, y la unica razon por la cual no quieren conciderar el chivas-cruz azul un clasico, es porque les restaria importancia a su "clasico joven", que ese si es manipulado por televisa. la verdad es que la intensidad de los chivas cruz azul ultimamente, ha sido mayor que la de los chivas-america IMO.