Chivas Usa

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Deleted USer, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    THis question is more directed towards LA Galaxy fans & San Jose fans. But any fan whose club might get bought by a foreign investor

2. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    I suppose this could apply to Chelsea fans as well, no?

3. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why are the 3 ppl who responded that they would stop supporting MLS altogether even "fans" to begin with? Don't they realize that 60% of the league is (or was) owned by a foreigner? (Anschutz)

4. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    I posted:

"Not certain what I would do. Would be open minded"

5. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    If anyone came in and changed the look and name of my team, I'd be pissed as all holy hell. I would stop supporting them.

6. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Plus, Chivas will give us that natural rivalry, Cobi Jones loves to talk about. It would be ironic if Jones ended up playing for them -- all the better.

This could be the best thing that's happened to MLS: a team with a verifiable identity and personality. Every team in the league will be out to beat Chivas and Chivas will be out to prove that they are better than the rest of this MLS riff-raff.

Look what happened with Chivas Costa Rica (Saprissa). They went from unable to catch Alajuela to dominance. I bet if they decide to change their colors from purple to whatever, no one will care.

Yeah, and if Abramovich buys a team and changes the name to Columbus Blue Lions, I'll be going to as many games as I can get to. Especially, if he decides to park Forssell, C.Cole, Zenden, Smicer (the Russian, didn't check spelling), Huth, Oliviera, and anyone else possibly on a rehab for the summer, there.

There is a business model where MLS works. It just hasn't been discovered yet. So for pete's love, go ahead and experiment.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I could not find a chivas Usa thread that discusses the 11 team league for 2004

how are they going to handle that next april?

a Bye week for each team every saturday?

8. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if someone were to buy the Revs and try to stamp out any memory of, say, Pictures of Chairman Mao, and turn them into another characterless McChivas, inc. team with a bunch of carpetbagger fans, then I'd be sad because MY team, the revs would be no more.

It's all about history, and being bought out and changed into something else would crush that. They can buy the rights to the stadium and then marketing department, but they can't buy the spirit of the team.

G.