Chivas San Diego will NOT be a farm team

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by uclacarlos, Sep 18, 2003.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Let's just get this out of the way:

It will NOT be a farm team ppl. Let's see, b/c Vergara is buying Atletico Madrid (one of the most storied sides in Europe), does that mean that AM will be a farm team?

Compare the Gross National Product of USA vs. Mexico (hell, California vs. Mex) and you will discover where the earning potential is: in the US.

Dollars sent to Mexico from immigrants ranks in the top "industries" of the country.

Ppl: the money to be made is HERE.

What will end up happening is that Chivas 1&2, Saprissa (costa rica) and Atletico will share resources, play friendlies, etc.

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    You mean there will be no goats!?! :D

Bring on the chupacabras!

3. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Ucla Carlos: Statistics published just yesterday confirm what you just stated:

Until the month of July, money remittances sent to Mexico by immigrants in the U.S. surpassed tourism and are getting close to oil export earning.

In comparison to last year --same period-- an increase of almost 30%.

The Atletico deal fell through because the crazy Gil and Gil wants more than $160 millions.

San Diego Chupacabras will become a reality sooner than later...

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Can you spare a few chupacabras?

The large international airport that I work at (not a hard one to figure out) is starting a goat farm. No, I'm not kidding about this. There's going to be a herd of 150 goats in a remote section of the property. Can the chupacabras be far behind?

5. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Re: Can you spare a few chupacabras?

mugwamp:

Keep us posted. We have seen our share of Chupacabras in the Texas Republic...

Seriously: why do you want a goat farm at the airport? To avid mowing the lawn?

6. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Re: Re: Can you spare a few chupacabras?

They will be municipal "city worker" goats for the above unnamed city. They will be taken out every day to parks and other city property to remove weeds and other vegetation. By the way, the above airport was once thinking of adding a buffalo farm at one time but talked themselves out of it.

7. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    You mean Dead In August (or was it April, or was it both?) is actually doing something right? The goats are a great idea. No pollution, free fertilizer. I'd say free cheese, too, but I'm not sure what the airplane fuel would do to it.

If/when Chivas sets up in the U.S., anything mysterious that happens to them will certainly have to be chaulked up to the chupacabras.