Chivas LA or Chivas USA: Which is the Better Brand??

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by TheMasterAtCornerKicks, Sep 5, 2006.

1. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so......if you are waiting for the return of the Quakes........why do you care so "fricken" much what Chivas USA call themselves??

2. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay now.....in a nutshell, the voters that agreed with you are "good"
    and the voters that are for the status quo are "bad". Gosh with simplisitic thinking like that it must be easy being you.....:D

3. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess in your simplisitic world an open "poll" where fans of other teams can vote is representative of what Chivas USA fans want. I guess we needed you to conduct the poll because Chivas USA fans can't think and act for themselves......does that mean we're not the good voters if we the real fans vote for the status quo? You're waiting for the Quakes' return; a name change would'nt matter to you one iota which begs the question of what is your real agenda?

4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are you a part of Chivas USA's targeted demographic?

No.

And neither are prolly 95% of the ppl who voted in this poll.

THAT's why I don't care what you think.

build yourself an SSS and buy yourself an MLS squad and "care" all you want.

Denial about what?

That many -- the majority of -- opposing fans dislike the "USA" moniker? When the hell have I ever denied that?

But what you can't seem to grasp is that the margin of error on this unscientific poll is astronomical...

As in... this poll is inadmissable as evidence of anything.

I call you out on your faulty reasoning. Your reasoning for change is uninformed. You cannot distinguish the difference btw your opinion and fact.

Notice I'm not the only one saying this.

I base my opinions on extensive study of Mexican history and culture, Spanish history and culture, US history and culture and Mexican American history and culture.

Would a statistician agree?

What's the margin of error in this poll? :rolleyes:

Link to a scientifically reputable poll or study to confirm this assertion?

5. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Funny, I was at the game and I didnt hear any taunts against CHIVAS USA, in fact there was an ovation when Paco went into the pitch, and another one when chivas USA scored and LA Legion was as noisy as ever. I've never been a CD Guadalajara fan, but still I bought my season ticket this year -even after the horrific first season- because they are fun to watch, the fact that CD Guadalajara can pull 90 K fans in LA and 70 K in Chicago should answer the question of this tread.

I voted Chivas USA

6. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chivas America ....just to cheese off Club America