Chivas LA or Chivas USA: Which is the Better Brand??

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by TheMasterAtCornerKicks, Sep 5, 2006.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Best supporters Yes, Best attendance no, Tell the story right son:rolleyes:

2. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Werent you the Moron that started the thread in the first place, using a picture of the Barra in 1994 that was in full force and then comparing it to the Legion picture when it only had about 50 people or less. What I did is that i give all of you Dumb Chicks United a taste of your own $hit and boy did you guys like it.:D Payback sure is a B!tch :D You have a great day son! because dont tell me that you forgot who is your true daddy?

3. UberFC

UberFC New Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    I’m all for more passionate MLS fans, god knows we need them. But I do recall the thread going back and forth with post and pic comparisons of support groups and attendance. In any case at least you agree that ChivasUSA is not doing a good job in marketing or attracting fans so I hope somehow they find a solution for this. We don’t need another team with low attendance figures.

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither do we need a team that plays in a baseball stadium. But we make allowances, don't we.

Chivas USA has plenty of time to work out the kinks. They make PLENTY of money, and cost very little, since their rent goes right to AEG, more or less.

Their attendance sucks because, up until about two months ago, they sucked. If they start really kicking ass consistantly, their attendance will go up, same as the Galaxy.

5. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thread starter was'nt interested in running a poll, he wanted a coronation but came to the debate woefully unarmed. Take it easy on him Carlos! :D

6. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    No, dumbass, BBBulldog posted two pictures of the two groups against the same uninspiring midtable opponent (colorado) from earlier this year. God damn you are stupid.

Yeah the Barra in 1994. We were all just standing around drinking beer, lighting smoke bombs waiting for our soccer team to be created. ********ing idiot.

7. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    What were the dates, did you check the weather, temp, local events?
    You can't just look at attendance, unless you saw footage of the 2000 extra fans wearing Chivas jerseys.

8. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    :p So how does the 3-0 spanking that Chicago gave you in the USOC feeel!:D Do you guys have a fetish on getting spanked? ((((LOL))))

9. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    *shrug*

Good comeback, nice and relevant.

10. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    :D Yea Baby! I knew I would get you on that one!

11. TheMasterAtCornerKicks

Jan 20, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I'm a person too, and I like Chivas LA better. So who cares what I, and the vast majority of those polled here, think?? Obviously not UclaCarlos...

I most certainly care what everyone thinks... Especially when over 60% of those polled think like me... :) It is you who is in denial...

You ignore and gloss over my reasoning for the change while at the same time saying that I don't want to hear what other people have to say??

That's like the Kettle calling the pot black....

Neverfear, the good voters in this poll have put you and your ilk soundly in your place...

CHANGE THE NAME, CHIVAS. The whole of american sports will thank you for it....

...as this poll has so eloquently pointed out...

12. Voice of Thunder

Voice of Thunder New Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the poll has pointed out is that 100 people who found one post on one site on the internet want a stupid name for a team which already has a name.

13. TheMasterAtCornerKicks

Jan 20, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    So "Los Angeles" is a stupid name??

OK. OK. And this, can you believe it folks, from a fan of the Minnesota - "Thunder"... BWAHAHAHA....

Hey man, are you like, that mascot with the tight, gold spandex on with the cardboard cutout lightning bolt in your hand??.... Bw...BWa...BWAHAHA...

"Minnesota Thunder"..... :p

You people need to stay far, far, away from nickname discussions...

14. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    At least he has a team.

15. TheMasterAtCornerKicks

Jan 20, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Which is all fine and dandy but it still does not diminish the fact that currently over 63% those polled think that Chivas should drop the "USA" and go with "LA"...

Which they should. Not because I say so, but because those polled here can think and act for themselves. Quite frankly, no one ever liked "USA" to begin with so really this is no suprise to me at all.

Take all the swipes at me that you want, the percentage of those who agree with me has risen steadily since the poll's inception, whiile the percentage of those who favor "USA" has continued to spiral downward.

P.S. The Quakes will be back soon, and probably with a new stadium before DC Expired gets one...

16. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    You seriously put stock into these bigsoccer polls? For real?

17. TheMasterAtCornerKicks

Jan 20, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    MLS fans are already starting to call them Chivas LA in other threads...

Only the smart-allic wise cracking types respond with a fake, "Who are Chivas LA?? I never hearda them before..." company line. Hella fake...

Why do YOU care so fricken much if fans prefer "LA" over "USA"??...

It just eats you up inside, don't it??

Well, you're in the minority on this one, chump...

18. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it speaks for itself......

19. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how about thanking the voters who voted on the "poll" that disagreed......fat chance, huh......so much for democracy in action..

20. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a feeble veiled attempt at a jibe.....

21. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    arguments that are based on reasoned analysis, introspection and facts unlike the thread starter........

BTW the "Wiz thing" was changed because of trademark/copyright infringement and the threat of litigation......but you are'nt one to let facts get in your way.....

22. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ummmmm.....I'll pass.....

23. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    self denial?......the name is still Chivas USA.........again with the good voters?!.....

24. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sophomoric....should'nt you be in the 8 and under forum?....

25. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Actually, it's more like Galaxy fan hating types who will take any opportunity to be a dick to one of them.

And don't say "hella," it's so nocal trash.