Chiumiento...Round 2?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by dehun, Dec 17, 2012.

1. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you read Marc Weber in the Province, you may have seen this, but if you haven't, have a read:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Chiumiento+return+possibility/7706234/story.html#axzz2FMR1J9rK

Weber admittedly backs away from raising any serious hopes at the end of the article, but its a lot of space to devote to the subject if there's absolutely nothing to it. And Weber's not exactly flaky about such things. Speaking of Vancouver soccer writers I generally respect, here's more on the subject from Russell Berrisford:

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/...avide-chiumiento-may-return-to-the-whitecaps/

On the one hand, I agree with Berrisford that going back to a former player is rarely the best way for a team to move forward. On the other hand, I like the idea of Chiumiento feeding passes to Darren Mattocks next year. Definitely way more questions than answers on this one, and I'm leaning toward "probably won't happen," but I could think of worse moves for the WC in the off-season.

2. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    berrisford nails it!! going back to the future is not a wise choice for the caps-- he's a hot and cold player which frustrates the hell out of me-- give me an honest game in-game, out type of player (lee, de merit, o' brien are prime examples) many fans fail to remember chiumiento's sulking during some games... and he really does not move the team forward IMO

3. TheGoldSheik

TheGoldSheik New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    My sources have told me that Davide will not be returning to the Caps.

4. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    hope u right-- blew too hot and cold for my liking- cant build a solid team game in-game out with that type of player when we already have camilio, miller and robson doing the same

5. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. But after the Superdraft, I sure hope the WC have something up their sleeve through the transfer window to shore up the centre of the park. Bring in all the forwards you want, but if there's no service, there ain't gonna be no goals.

6. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    now that the caps have chosen 2 young, speedy forwards in the draft, we can HOPEFULLY surmise that soon they will now release the names of 2 more experienced mf players, 1 being a creative attacking playmaker who can kick the ball with BOTH feet (take note, mr robson) and the other who can get the ball and distribute it to our fast players (ie start a counterattack)
    it does make me wonder how miller will get along with all the young forwards-- salgado, mattocks, and the 2 new draftees... and i dont see him as a mentor to these guys- writing is on the wall IMO
    and camilo either has to be better and more consistent or he will be riding the pine- i often wonder just how motivated he is to being a professional soccer player as his game isnt growing and becoming more versatile
    but i do like the 2 draft picks simply b/c they add attacking depth and outside speed to a team lacking those 2 qualities= good choices

7. TheGoldSheik

TheGoldSheik New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    I always love you sportie1... making up stuff all the time.

8. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    its my speculation-- a lot better and more honest than your inside info of 'my sources told me' and u never reveal who your sources are

9. TheGoldSheik

TheGoldSheik New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Revealing a source would mean they would stop telling me information!

I don't post my source news anymore as I will get banned for it; but I know who the next player signing is going to be.

10. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    and he is????

11. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Marc Weber can be believed, we're going to need those MF players pretty bad. According to Weber, Robson's gone. See this article (I posted it in the thread about Miller as well):

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/01/21/robson-bonjour-absent-from-whitecaps-training/