Chinook helicopter downed in Iraq; at least 13 dead

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Nov 2, 2003.

1. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    Richie:

For all that's decent, shut the fvck up.

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The liberals here do take a sick glee in reporting on American casualties. When you post a bit of good news in Iraq, they quickly jump on it and look for negative angles. For that matter, when you post a bit of good news on the economy they quickly look for the negatives. Their hatred of Bush and Republicans clouds their life. They have no answers, they only enjoy taking potshots from afar.

3. champmanager

champmanager Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
  4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

nice to know you view unnecessary american deaths as 'negative angles'

5. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Fool. It's not unecessary, for if we leave (which you want us to do), things have a chance of being worse than we could tolerate. Stay the course.

6. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    The good news is ... schools are open, hospitals are running...everybody gets electricity...last but not least, the oil pumps are humming at full throttle...

7. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    You see. Ian just needs a translator.

8. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    You have to be an idiot. I was not talking about on the soccer thread. Ever compare my soccer posts to his or anybody elses for that matter? Not even in the same league :). I have a 2000 game experience advantage over him.

9. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Richie, is it time to napalm the date palm?

10. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    "If the dems try to exploit this to weaken our resolve, then they will have proven themselves to be actual enemies of this country."

by aynrandfreak from www.freerepublic.com

11. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is a good thing the Hussein Baathist regime is over in Iraq.
    I am skeptical of the immediate necessity and purported reasons for doing so.
    Having said that, we need to Iraqi"ize" this thing as quickly as possible. Sure, we need to stay the course now, but the Bush presidency won't endure another year of days like this.

12. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    "Fallujah is a cesspit that needs to be drained."

by mewzilla from www.freerepublic.com

What a riot over there!

13. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're an idiot on the Metro boards and you're an evil bastard here. I hope you get hit by a bus.

14. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Me too. This glee everytime an American gets whacked makes me sick.

I don't remember any.

15. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Make it 16 now.

According to Superdave, 16 soldiers under Pres. Bush is a useless waste of life.

If it was under Pres. Clinton, it would be 16 soldiers who gloriously sacrificed their lives for their country.

16. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    not "their country" but "the people of the world"

17. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In SD's world, the rest of the world doesn't exist.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'll have to do a better job next time of hiding my glee.

19. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No

You just need to shut up.

20. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

You know, fuck all the people who continue to run 'liberals' and 'leftists' down for their supposed 'glee' when it comes to American lives lost, or the economy sliding ever deeper into the tank, or whatever the case may be today.

'Liberals', 'leftists', and whatever other terms you want to attach to a wide range of people (always speaking of them in a pejorative sense, and probably spitting in disgust as you do) live in this country too, have to put up with the same shitty economic conditions as everyone else does, and have to deal with having friends and family in the service overseas, too. I refuse to believe anyone but the tiniest percentage of 'leftists' want things to get worse - certainly no more than the tiny percentage on the right who actually hope things get worse, giving the administration justification for yet more adventurism (that's putting it too delicately; what that section of the hard-hard right really wants to do is simply kill Arabs and take their oil). Having ideological differences is one thing, but for some people here to impugn others by making them out to be happy at our losses (they learned that tactic well from the Bushies) isn't just dimwitted, it's repugnant. Again, *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# the people who are so callous to try and pass this off - you hardly deserve a hearing.

For my part, I thought superdave was way, way too conciliatory towards the Bush P.O.V throughout much of the war and occupation threads - giving it time to see how it all worked out when it seemed clearer to me that things were not going well. It's not hard to find posts showing this, if you spend a few seconds looking. But some people here never let intellectual honesty get in the way of a good ad hominem attack.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

keep wishin' it wasn't your hero

check anywhere supergenius - i never said we should leave... i HAVE repeatedly said that we never shouldhave gone - these are two different things manny, but hey! what do you need with facts? just keep yappin'...

go take a nap jessica - then you could be nice and rested before...

you beacon of light you!

22. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    I think you feel some sort of satisfaction when Americans die and you come to this board to express that satisfaction.

23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What he said.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

do you realize at all that you and your cronies (ie, the ones who are fine with the war) are suggesting this about the people who argue that these soldiers are dying unnecessary deaths (ie, those against the war)? does that make sense? no... until we consider that it's just another obvious 'make yourself feel better about your political views' dodge

25. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The difference is that those of us that aren't on the left don't getting this stistaftion everytime a soldier dies.

These leftists complain about this being a "racist" war or a war "for the control of oil". If that's the best they can come up with, then they are in serious need of help.