Ching vs EJ

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Allamerican74, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I like Ching too!

2. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Wow I'm amazed this thread is still going. I think I wouldn't mind seeing both playing at the same time. Hope Johnson continues his growth (no pun intended). We have some exciting players emerging so it's a great time to be a US fan. Thank you all for your input.

3. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Did I miss something? I saw E.J. scoring 4 goals on one game against Panama.....About EJ my opinion is that he have the angel that is require to score so lets keep triying to find out how good he is....

4. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    My vote is your man....Many people here try to use personal attacks as a last resource when they see their opinions colapse under the weight of reality, I can still see no point into insulting other fellow members....

5. Colo-Colo

Colo-Colo New Member

Jun 13, 2000
    I think that right now they are about the same in terms of benefit to a team, but I don't think there is any doubt that EJ has a much greater upside. My intention is not to disrespect Ching, but he really strikes me as one of those guys who is a very good league player (Twellman, Kreis, Lassiter) who doesn't have the combination of ball skills and athletic ability to be really good at the international level. That's not to say that I think he's a terrible international, just that I don't think he can be much better than what we've had because he doesn't play fast enough or run fast enough. Johnson, on the other hand, clearly runs fast enough and I think he has the ball skills and instincts to become the best forward we've produced yet.

6. CL_2004

CL_2004 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Toronto
    both great players but i'd choose EJ because of his talent.

7. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    See, I don't get this. Ching has 2 goals in 4 international appearances, 2 of which were as a sub, and 1 of which was a game a year and a half ago when we didn't have our full team. The guy puts the ball in the back of the net on his first 2 WCQ appearances, has ONE bad game (at Panama, when the entire team played like crap), and hasn't been called into camp since. I don't get it, especially when McBride isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

8. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he got injured after his two appearances but I'm not 100% sure.

9. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    I am sure most people here and even Bruce would perfer McBride any day over Ching. About two or 3 weeks ago McBride scored a great goal against Chelsea and Ching wasn't doing much to help San Jose win that much towards the end of the season. It's so obvious how all San Jose fans are so much in favor for there players even when they ain't all that great!!!! I mean we can make a poll with Ching and EJ or Ching and McBride and let's see who wins!!!! That's what i thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while I love the chinger, maybe bruce just see his role as a fill-in player right now ... when McBride, Casey (?) or EJ aren't available, he knows he has Ching to rely on. As a quakes fan, I'm lovin' that he's on my team ... but I'm not so sure I see him having the same role with the nats. of course, I'd love to be proven wrong. :)

11. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was indeed injured. My guess is that he's ahead of Casey in the depth chart right now. Casey's not getting much playing time for his club (admittedly at a higher level of play), but more importantly, Ching's been far better when playing for the national team, against similar opponents.

12. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Is this even an issue anymore? I mean, come on. Three games for us and Johnson is already in second place for overall 2004 goalscoring and leading the team in WCQ goals.