Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2012

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm all for commentators supporting one club over the other, but I think its bad form to link the referee's foreign status with the fact he didn't award a penalty.

A clear case of anti-foreign bias I'm afraid, as we wrote about on WEF.

2. LewsTherin

LewsTherin Member

Jun 3, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I use bet365, though you need to deposit a small amount.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Seems like there was a bit of argy bargy at the press conference after the Dalian Shide - Shanghai Shenhua match (female reporter assaulted by Dalian officials).

Sore losers much?

5. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I've always wondered about bet365 and weather it's legit because it involves money and I don't really know how it works... bah

and I tried http://www.firstrowsports.eu/ and there were no streams :\

6. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
  7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    buddy, you are a fan of a japanese and korean club at the same time.
    mind if i ask why :)

8. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Eh, I just like Asian soccer in general. But my favorite leagues would be K-League and La Liga. However, I also watch C-League and J-League as well. It really isn't a two-horse race like La Liga or EPL among others.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hahah would be nice to see you add a c-league team soon.

to members: mod off for three days -- limited moderation.

i have shitloads to type here (hong kong referee fiasco, the neverending guangzhou evergrande and lippi rumours, and my favourite oversea thread [tan long x 2, huang bowen x 2, wang yang if he is still alive])

have fun!

10. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Guangzhou Evergrande :p However I notice I can only add 3 teams. I liked them before their 1st place in C1 League. I've stayed up/gotten up at 4AM to watch their games... ha.. the joys of living in the USA.

11. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hahah rightttt?

12. kman1456

kman1456 Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure all CSL games are streamed on Sina, assuming one can stand the commentary. Some are decent, others are just bloody annoying, and as stated above, some are downright homers.

13. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Where is this "sina" website you speak of where I can watch games?

14. kman1456

kman1456 Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/csl/
    The game schedules are in the strip across the page. When a game is live, there are links placed at the top of the page with the team names and the score. You can also click on the 视频直播 to find the link to the room, which is at the bottom right of each scorebox on the ribbon.

15. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The EPL really isn't a 2 team show...this year sure its Man U and Man City but there are many teams that have a chance could win it. Comparing it to the La Liga situation is somewhat insulting...

And every game is live on the official CSL website. That's where i watch all of my games.

And yes, that Dalian commentator pissed me off.

16. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    YLbowman Yes other teams have beaten Manchester. However the top 2 are miles ahead of 3rd... so it's still a fight for third.

17. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this or if I should start a new thread (so please, forgive me if I'm wrong).

I'm currently living in Beijing and I'm interested in going to a football game. I see from the website that there's a game in Beijing this Friday at 7:30pm. I need some advice / information (as my Chinese is good enough for conversation but I have trouble with more involved discussions and reading Chinese).

Is it possible to buy tickets at the gate? How much would a ticket cost? Where's the best place to sit? Is it okay to go if I'm just by myself or do I need to worry about ... well, hooliganism like I hear happens in other countries?

Also, is there a women's (professional) football team in Beijing? If so, how is the quality of the women's football in comparison to, say, the Japan L-League or the Germany Frauen Bundesliga? Where do I go to find out about prices, dates, etc.?

Any other advice about attending a football match in China would be helpful too. Thanks!

18. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
  19. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My advice is to make sure you call the club ahead of time to confirm the time and whether the game is still on. Twice in a row, I went to China and the games were cancelled due to some sort of event like Olympic Qualifying, etc. Most clubs will have someone that can speak English on the phone if that is an issue.

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Xie Yalong trail:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2012-04-25/11126037418.shtml

5、2006年8月17日,收受上海联城足球俱乐部投资人朱某所送价值2万元的顺峰酒店消费卡一张,并收受朱某所送20万现金,为其获得上海申花(微博)俱乐部经营权提供了帮助。

looks like Shenhua's boss Zhu Jun bribed Xie to get Shenhua's operating rights back in '06. Zhu is in a whole lot of trouble. Possible jail time perhaps.

Four ex-NT players recipients of 8 million RMB bribe to throw a match:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/c/2012-04-25/16026037874.shtml

21. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This year yes, but what i'm trying to get at is that its not always the same two teams as it is with La Liga. Last year it was Man U and Chelsea. There are more teams capable of winning the league title than just 2

And random question. During the Dalian Shide vs Shenhua game did you think that was a penalty that the commentator was screaming for? I didn't. He didn't even trip the guy...

22. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    To be honest I didn't really pay much attention - just listening to the commentator who was brilliant.

23. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fair enough :D

I hope Dalian Shide loses every week just to hear his commentary

24. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I watched 75% of Guangzhou Evergrande's game yesterday against Tianjin Teda (I woke up late, it's a 7:30 AM start...) and I gotta say.. their goal was really lucky. Even Muriqui did not know it hit him in the chest until it went in.

25. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    tough loss for liaoning to the hated fuli