Chinese asian games squad

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by shenhua, Aug 29, 2002.

1. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Includes both men and women

Athletes: An Qi, Yang Jun, Wang Sheng, Zhou Lin, Xu Liang, Lu Feng, Cao Yang, Zhang Yaokun, Du Wei, Hu Zhaojun, Yan Song, Wang Xinxin, Sun Xiang, Yu Tao, Lu Jiang, Gao Ming, Sui Yong, Wu Pingfeng, Zhao Yan, Xiao Zhen, Sun Rui, Liu Yali, Zhou Xiaoxia, LiJie, Jin Yan, Gao Hongxia, Pan Lina, Xie Caixia, Bi Yan, Bai Lili,Zhao Lihong, Pu Wei, Sun Wen, Bai Jie, Ren Liping, Han Duan.

Now where the heck is Qu bo
    BTW Wang Zhizhi from mavs is not on the basketball roster either. he screwed up bad.

2. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    That's all the Chinese Basketball Federation's fault. Wang Zhizhi was doing well training in the U.S. against superior competition, and they felt it was a slap in the face just because he refused to train with them. I think Wang should defect to the U.S. so the Chinese gov't/sport authorities don't hamper his career.

Wang could have joined the Chinese World Championship team, but then he refused to participate in the Asian Games and that's why he didn't play tonight against Germany. Just because Wang wanted to join training camp with Dallas instead of

The Chinese authorities are a severe impediment to its players' development. Yao's going to miss training camp with houston just because some selfish organization wants him to play in a third rate competition. You don't see the Germans or Turks holding back their stars like that....

also i think Wang could have been the difference against the Germans.

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I like An Qi, Wang Xinxin, Du Wei, Xu Liang and Gao Ming.

I think Qu Bo will be in the squad now that he can't go to England.

4. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Re: Chinese asian games squad

Also where is Sun Xiang's brother?

5. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Hey Chiaki King, would you say that if Song chong gug decided it would be better if he trained with feyenoord instead of Korean NT. Then turn up to play in a big comp with Korea, 2 Days before the match. I'm sure the Koreans would be happy if wang and Yao don't turn up so that the Koreans can win the Asian Games Basketball. Third rate competition? Just because Korea doesn't do that good.

6. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I think it is too.

Yao playing at Houston or Wang playing at Dallas is much more competitive than the competition that's going on now. NBA, afterall, is the strongest basketball competition on earth.

7. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Wang's been sitting on the bench for mavs for 2 years, i'm surprised he can still stand up. Even the big mongolian guy batere gets more playing time than wang.

8. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Let's be frank here.

We can try to blow up the Asian Games all we want, but it is ultimately a third-rate competition. I feel no pride in watching Korea thrash Bhutan at soccer. Why does China make such a big deal out of it? Why is winning the Asian Games more important than letting Wang or Yao get global recognition and actually get better?

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Somehow i think china is not going to top the medal tally this time. I better start pretending that the chinese don't care about the asian games.

10. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I heard that the Chinese Basketball Federation will take half of Yao's salary each year. Does anyone know about this? Damn, that's shi+ lot of $$$ they going to take.

11. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    actually people dont care about olympic like they used to, since end of cold war.

well China will get 1st place in asian game. period. its just 2nd place battle between Korea and Japan.

12. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    do they take wang's salary before tax or after tax?

13. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Wang? I think they made the new rule only for Yao.
    Yao has to sign a contract with the Chinese Basketball Federation if he wants to play in the NBA.
    So they can take 50% of his salary. I'm not sure if they do it to Wang.

14. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    im not sure exactly but Yao was drafted #1 so his salary is like around 3.5million per year.
    Do CBF take 50% that salary? (1.75mil) or after yao pay tax to US government?

15. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002

16. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Is it only 3.5millions for the #1 drafted? I thought he get more than that. How much tax does he need to pay? I think the CBF will take it after tax. Not just that, I saw the news said he still need to pay certain amount of money to his original club for 4 yrs. Such a poor guy.

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    What blood-sucking @ssholes those CBF people are. Too bad there's no players associations in China. Poor guy...

18. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    CBF=Koryo univershitty.
    There's salary cap in NBA and salary limit for players who was drafted.

last year's #1 draft pick, kwame brown made 3.69million $ so I think Yao's salary would be around that (probably slightly more)
    Wang ZhiZhi made 465,850$ last season.

19. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    China 96-82 Algeria Yao Ming got 38 pts

20. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

We have a bunch of people here on the forum from all areas of Asia going at eachothers throats...And you cant understand why national governments want to outshine their neighbors?

Surely you jest?

21. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    In the Asian games, we can win that men's basketball gold medal easily without Wang Zhizhi. But in the World Championship, play without Wang it certainly hurts the team.

22. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    World basketball C'ship:
    USA 84-65 China
    China led 28-16 at quarter time, biggest ever lead against American NT featuring NBA players. I think America are going to lose this tournament.

23. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    who's gonna beat them?
    Germany? Spain? Yugo? Turkey?

BTW Yugo is way overrated. did you see Vlade divac talking all smack about Spain before the match, then Spain BEAT THEM fair and square!
    After Spain beat them in last second, Vlade rushed to referee and whining about the call. BLAHHH HE'S WHINING BIOTCH.
    He's only biotch who is constantly talking shhits about opponents and CANT BACK IT UP during game!

24. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    It's just that teams have been getting closer to the yanks than one might expect. They only led by 1 at half time against Germany and China. Considering how close they came to losing in the 2000 olympics they better be on their guard or they WILL lose.

25. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    This USA team is a lot worse than the USA teams that we saw before. They like to called themselves "dream" team. No more dream for them, it's time for them to wake up.